Budget Above 40k Best Mobile for about 60k to 65k?

Exility

Patron
Hey guys, I'm a student whos gonna go to college in the next few months and I am planning to buy a new phone
My budget is 60 to 65k

Looking for a phone that has polished software, a really good camera, decent battery life, and a small(ish) form factor. I don't really game on my phone either
I've been looking at the Samsung s23 and s24 for a while now, I am a person who likes to use my phone till it's almost dead, I've been using my Redmi Note 10 pro for about 3 years now and I'm planning to keep my next phone around for 5 to 6 years, so I'm inclined to choose the s24 for the 7 years of software updates, but in some reviews, people mention that the Exynos 2400 is still quite inefficient and heats up quite a bit compared to the sd 8 gen 3 which could reduce the phones lifespan. What would you guys recommend, get the s23 for cheaper or wait for flipkart big billion days to get the s24 for about 60 to 65k? Or maybe some other phone for say oneplus or Motorola or something?

PS: no iphones please, Cause I can't live without high refresh rate now lol

S23 256GB should be more than enough

S24 exynos has similar battery life to S23 8 Gen 2, but higher battery capacity & efficient display helped. IMO we needed 8 Gen 3 S24 for the money they are charging, so save money & get S23. S23 will get updates till android 17 & you can just think about changing phones in 4-5 years or so. Android updates mostly don't add much these days, so you should be fine sticking to A17 in 2028-29.

I'm using S20FE 5G with Android 13. AI features of A14 would have been nice to get but are not dealbreaker considering I can still use Gemini on it & image search (not circle to search level convenient, still good enough).

longetivity wise I won't recommend even S23 tho, the battery capacity is just too little even with the optimisations Samsung has done, battery life imo is way more important than anything, specially since you are a student and would presumably be travelling much

S23 256GB should be more than enough

S24 exynos has similar battery life to S23 8 Gen 2, but higher battery capacity & efficient display helped. IMO we needed 8 Gen 3 S24 for the money they are charging, so save money & get S23. S23 will get updates till android 17 & you can just think about changing phones in 4-5 years or so. Android updates mostly don't add much these days, so you should be fine sticking to A17 in 2028-29.

I'm using S20FE 5G with Android 13. AI features of A14 would have been nice to get but are not dealbreaker considering I can still use Gemini on it & image search (not circle to search level convenient, still good enough).
aah ok, thank you for the reply
longetivity wise I won't recommend even S23 tho, the battery capacity is just too little even with the optimisations Samsung has done, battery life imo is way more important than anything, specially since you are a student and would presumably be travelling much
thank you for the reply, what other phone would you recommend in this price range?

aah ok, thank you for the reply

thank you for the reply, what other phone would you recommend in this price range?
Depends on what you want to prioritise, if updates are your biggest priority along with decent hardware/software then S23 is the best deal for you, but if not, you can look into Xiaomi 14, OP 12 (if you can stomach that shitty curved display) etc etc, Xiaomi 14 actually has a better camera than S23 along with a better processor, better display etc, but its Xiaomi so yeah. All I'm giving is S23 might not be the most practical choice for you purely because of its battery life

Depends on what you want to prioritise, if updates are your biggest priority along with decent hardware/software then S23 is the best deal for you, but if not, you can look into Xiaomi 14, OP 12 (if you can stomach that shitty curved display) etc etc, Xiaomi 14 actually has a better camera than S23 along with a better processor, better display etc, but its Xiaomi so yeah. All I'm giving is S23 might not be the most practical choice for you purely because of its battery life
I agree that Xiaomi 14 is better than S23 hardware-wise, but software falls short. Also, S23 256GB is 50k now, so cheaper as well. 8 Gen 2 is honestly enough for most people for years to come. S865 of my S20FE is still snappy enough to me, I used S23 recently & honestly it doesn't feel much faster to me. I doubt battery life is much of an issue unless you compare it to mid-range phones with great battery life. S22 & S21 had poor battery life for sure.

Battery life seems similar to RN10 that OP has:
1718417878174.png

I agree that Xiaomi 14 is better than S23 hardware-wise, but software falls short. Also, S23 256GB is 50k now, so cheaper as well. 8 Gen 2 is honestly enough for most people for years to come. S865 of my S20FE is still snappy enough to me, I used S23 recently & honestly it doesn't feel much faster to me. I doubt battery life is much of an issue unless you compare it to mid-range phones with great battery life. S22 & S21 had poor battery life for sure.

Battery life seems similar to RN10 that OP has:
Issue is not the starting battery but the life after say 6 months or a year, S23 just has 3900mah, its gonna degrade and the battery backup will fall exponentially, thats my main concern specially since samsung hasnt given any decent fast charging on it, Also SD processors 8+ gen 1 and above are just voodoo when it comes to battery backup, 5000mah is way different than it was just a couple of years ago also just based on the nm size, 8 gen 2 blows 678 out of the water, 4nm vs 11nm, and thats not even taking into account other breakthroughs SD achieved for battery efficiency,

As long as OP is fine with the battery backup, S23 is the ideal choice for them, but if they can compromise on the software, Xiaomi 14 will be the better deal imo, specially since the camera is better than S23

You should definitely look into the used market they can offer some great deals at times.
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/...galaxy-s24-5g-256gb-6362-1/293890000041270784
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/used-refurbished-xiaomi-mi-14-5g-512gb-5838-1/293890000041478758
You could also consider the s23 the price will be less plus there isn't much difference in the camera department of the s24 and the s23 and the sd 8 gen 2 is still a beast of a chip.
But do remember one thing that no matter what phone you pick if it is an android and in a small form factor it is most probably going to overheat. The samsung small flagships are known to overheat in the Indian weather. I suggest you go a bit bigger like the s24 or s23 plus size just to get some more cooling space. If you are dead set on a small phone I would recommend looking in the direction of some used Iphones as well. (Hoping that sideloading apps will soon be available.)
Some more recommendations:
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/...-s22-ultra-5g-512gb-aphite/293890000037584356
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/...y-s23-plus-5g-512gb-040653/293890000037230104
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/used-refurbished-oneplus-12-5g-512gb-501485/293890000036920448
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/...phone-14-plus-256gb-419273/293890000040839067
https://www.sahivalue.com/products/used-refurbished-apple-iphone-15-256gb-active/293890000031012799

Back