CPU/Mobo Best mobo for amd athlon II X2 240 - urgent!!!

docguha

Disciple
pls guys help me...

what will be the best mo bo for amd athlon II x2-240 procy.
max budget for the combo 7k(procy 3k+mo bo ?)

its for regular home use....with moderate gaming(dont want to invest on graphics card)

with future upgradation....

i guess x2-240 is a am3 socket.....those mo bo r too expensive...

so pls help me......want the best VFM mo bo...

regards....

docguha said:
pls guys help me...

what will be the best mo bo for amd athlon II x2-240 procy.
max budget for the combo 7k(procy 3k+mo bo ?)

its for regular home use....with moderate gaming(dont want to invest on graphics card)

with future upgradation....

i guess x2-240 is a am3 socket.....those mo bo r too expensive...

so pls help me......want the best VFM mo bo...

regards....

Yes they are AM3 but backward compatible too. Biostar TA785GE 128M should be around 3550 and it's a DDR2 board.

thanks to all.....i just got the Biostar A785G for 3.4k n x2 240 for 2.9k......very good combo...just getting it ready....

regards...

docguha said:
thanks to all.....i just got the Biostar A785G for 3.4k n x2 240 for 2.9k......very good combo...just getting it ready....

regards...

Now how abt telling us your experience with the new rig ? Are you satisfied, elated or it falls short of your expectation ? Your experience, now that you had 4 days working on it, will help others in making their selection. Thank you.

The Asus M3N78-EM comes with the nVidia 8300 chipset which is more than a year old. Whereas the Biostar one comes with the latest 785G chipset from AMD which includes the Industry-leading 4000 series graphics on board from ATI. And this board is comparatively less expensive than the Asus one. The 128M comes with dedicated 128MB RAM for the on board graphics which helps to free up your main RAM. So, great choice! Please post your experiences.

mukundpathak said:
Now how abt telling us your experience with the new rig ? Are you satisfied, elated or it falls short of your expectation ? Your experience, now that you had 4 days working on it, will help others in making their selection. Thank you.

well.....its working fine.....actually....i got a whole new system.....but the problem was with the bsnl connection....it was down for 3 days....still getting it ready.....as a matter of fact i got a pretty descent system.....ne one on a budget.....can follow me.....the list-----

amd athlon II x2 240-2.9k

Biostar A785G-3.4k

320 gb wd hdd(sata)-2k

2gb dynet ddr2(800 mhz) ram-1.2k

samsung 22x dvd(sata) w-.9k

dell 19" wd lcd-6.5k

zebronics yuvaraj w 450w smps-1.1k

logitec mm combo-.6k

altec lansing vs4121-2.6k

techcom 600va ups-1.4k

thats it......enjoying the smooth ride....its a pretty descent system for my requirement....hope any one on a tight budget....can bank on this......except for the speaker.....u can prefer other low end models/brand.....i always wanted to buy AL ATP3.....but couldn't have it....so just brought its replacement....very satisfied with the sound quality.....

regards...

Back