Best Multi-player Game to start with - PC - FPS

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Till date I have played games in single player mode only completing stories of main campaign o_O. I have played whole COD series, BF3, Turok, Crysis Warhead, Resident Evil 5, etc in FPS genre. I m looking to start playing multi-player mode of any good FPS. I have played other genre also but not looking to play them on multi-player mode at the moment. My PC config is X4 955BE, 8GB 1600MHz, 2GB HD6970 (unlocked HD6950) , 22" monitor at 1920*1080.

Do suggest me some good FPS game to start with, except Counter Strike :p.

Cheers !!

Condition zero I m going to start :D but wanted to know whats next. If I m not wrong TF2 is free. Also what will be my internet consumption while playing Games online ?

BF3 looks still distant. Can anyone provide me info on what will be my internet consumption while playing Games online ?

Till date I have played games in single player mode only completing stories of main campaign o_O. I have played whole COD series, BF3, Turok, Crysis Warhead, Resident Evil 5, etc in FPS genre. I m looking to start playing multi-player mode of any good FPS. I have played other genre also but not looking to play them on multi-player mode at the moment. My PC config is X4 955BE, 8GB 1600MHz, 2GB HD6970 (unlocked HD6950) , 22" monitor at 1920*1080.

Do suggest me some good FPS game to start with, except Counter Strike :p.

Cheers !!
The game which I had played and liked is War Inc. Battle Zone.
Another very interesting and indulging game which I play these days is World of Tanks.

As far as internet data is concerned I consume around 6 GB a month for playing World of Tanks. I play on average 3 hrs on weekdays and 7-8 hrs on weekends... I know I have no life ;) ...

The game which I had played and liked is War Inc. Battle Zone.
Another very interesting and indulging game which I play these days is World of Tanks.

As far as internet data is concerned I consume around 6 GB a month for playing World of Tanks. I play on average 3 hrs on weekdays and 7-8 hrs on weekends... I know I have no life ;) ...

Thanks. I wont be able to play for that long hours due to my college :(. You seem to play 140 hours/month and consume 6GB data which equals ~45MB/hour. Well let me reach back Mumbai on 27th to my beloved rig, then there will be war starting :p

Thanks. I wont be able to play for that long hours due to my college :(. You seem to play 140 hours/month and consume 6GB data which equals ~45MB/hour. Well let me reach back Mumbai on 27th to my beloved rig, then there will be war starting :p

I too work but at the same time I am passionate about gaming as well. Actually I must say that since last one year I am more into gaming as this was the time when i moved into online gaming.

I would suggest you must give a try to World of Tanks as well, its more indulging.

Yes I will definitely consider it.

Also any idea what internet connection speed will be enough for this ? I have 2Mbps Tata Connection - time based and 10Mbps local (5net) connection but with 40GB/year limit.

If you have good Android phone or tablet or iphone/ipad, then you can try Shadowgun Deadzone
Its cross platform very good graphic intensive multiplayer game(12 players)
2 modes of playing, Deathmatch(5.5 minutes) and Zone Control(150 spawns for each team).
I have created thread for this also.

I used to play Americas Army throughout college, it is a free online multiplayer FPS, it was pretty neat a few years ago, not sure where it stands now, do check it out.

@haris5sani I generally do not like to play action games on iPad, just arcade and racing. Still will give it a try.
@Jasku Will check it out that
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I will definitely consider it.

Also any idea what internet connection speed will be enough for this ? I have 2Mbps Tata Connection - time based and 10Mbps local (5net) connection but with 40GB/year limit.

Both your connections would be able to run the online games. In my case I am currently using my 3g mobile data to play as I recently shifted to Chennai and am unable to get any wiredline connection yet. Earlier to this I was in Pune and used 2 Mbps Sify line effectively without any hassle.

Actually it all depends on where the game server is based. If its based in Europe or US then you will get high ping but still the game is playable. My 3g connection is worst for ping but had it had been much better with wiredline.

Back