Best Online Radio service for India ??

selinakyle88

Biggest batman fangirl alive !!!
Disciple
My coworkers makes noise all the time (there's one lady who is a real b**ch on her phone)..So eventually I started the habit of coding while listening songs :p

Anyway , I'm looking for a awesome (Free) radio service which works in India .
Here are the ones I know and issues with them

TUNE-IN RADIO : Lots of station , but it's hard to find one which is playing songs about 128kbps. Most of them are 32 - 64kbps.

JANGO Radio: Awesome algorithm to find similar musics. Start with an artist and all similar musics are played . Pretty good.
But the issue is that there's no direct last.fm integration (with Android, workaround with Chrome) .
Also the audio quality is 64 kbps. :-|

GROOVE SHARK: Best site to play on demand songs for sure. Have almost all songs .
Also the audio quality is awesome.
Last.fm integration is good too.
But the radio algorithms is just horrible. I don't want to listen to the songs I already have all the time and the Radio is horrible, can't find songs which are similar to the one I have.

But no android app for free :(

All the famous one like Slacker and Pandora and all won't work in India.

Do you guys know of any other radio service that are free and works nicely in our third country world.

Requirments:
1) Should have 128kbps music at least.
2) the Radio to discover new music should be decent .
3) Free Android App .

live 365 is good too, but it's down since past few days, has a good collection of stations at 128 kbps and also has a good decent android app. try it once things get back online.I used to use it regularly and had to switch to tunein only coz the site is down since a week or so.

For Indian, one app i know is Dhingana. Has regional songs too in different languages. No idea if it has website or not.

Also what is so great about last.fm integration ? Sorry i have never been to this website so don't know anything.

For Indian, one app i know is Dhingana. Has regional songs too in different languages. No idea if it has website or not.

Also what is so great about last.fm integration ? Sorry i have never been to this website so don't know anything.
Nothing.. It just keeps track of all the songs you've heard. Once you start scribbling it just feels wrong to listen to music without scrobbling.

Misdiagnosis. Wrong solution for the wrong problem.

just tell them to STFU !

You mean Wrong Solution to the problem? :p
How can a problem be wrong ? :p

And I can't tell her anything since she is the team secretary and her job is to be on phone all the time , she's senior to me and I don't want to get into an argument anyway :oops: .
And it's not only her , there a team who sits opposite to ours, they keep making noise all the time.

Plus I love listening to music and working now a days, can't even think of working otherwise :p

My point is listen to music without a noisy environment. Don't use music to drown out other sounds as it will affect your music experience.

In the dark and its quiet listen to music.
In a noisy environment with light use your eyes.

You need to learn to focus on the task at hand better and use your brain to block out the sounds. Once you get into a groove it should not be too difficult. Practice meditation if you need to improve your focus.

The test is when somebody calls you and you do not hear them or when you jump if someone taps you on the shoulder. That is focus.

Wrong problem because its is not noisy secretary but your focus :)

My point is listen to music without a noisy environment. Don't use music to drown out other sounds as it will affect your music experience.

no offence, i love listening to music when i am in a flight, and trust me those jet engines are loud. noise cancelling headphones are the answer! :)

Back