Best Phone 15-17k

rams_716

Disciple
Suggestions for best phone in the 15-17k range.
Place of purchase: Mumbai

Preferences.
1. Good Looks
2. Touch Screen
3. Apps (Android mostly)
4. Sleek

Thx :D

Defy all the way. Better than the SL anyday.

And its not that bulky at all. Its size is perfect given it has a 3.7" display, the bezel is really thin. And it grips really well. Only gripe would be the update path. It most probably wont get gingerbread. But then, its really well supported for on XDA forums, so you can use a third party ROM if thats your thing.

It looks bulky but doent have the plastiky feel of Galaxy SL. I owned Galaxy S and though the performance is lower with Defy(Not by much though maybe a 10% hit), when it comes to looks and ruggedness, it is much better.

Just found an article on Times of India which says Motorola Defy is at number 4 in terms of Radiation. Have a look:

15 phones with highest radiation

Motorola Defy: The phone's Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is 1.52.

CNET published a list of phones with high levels of RF radiation. The list includes some of the popular smartphone models from companies like LG, Motorola and Sony Ericsson.

The study is based on SAR or Specific Absorption Rate. SAR is a way to measure the amount of radio frequency (RF) energy absorbed by the body when using the handset.

According to WHO’s cancer experts, mobile phone users may be at increased risk from brain cancer and should use texting and free-hands devices to reduce exposure.

Do you guys agree??

There was a similar report I read 2 days ago saying, using a handfree headset increases the radiation by 3 times. I personally use a bluetooth headphone since only voice is transferred from a tiny antenna to the phone with no real danger of radiation. Better safe than sorry :)

Back