Budget 15-20K Best Phone Under 20000

looking for a smartphone at the same price range for casual usage,whatsapp,facebook,youtube, occasional photos. i shortlisted the A31 and M31s.Checked GSMARENA and they rate the M31s over the A31 in performance.
Also what is the difference between M31 and M31s?could not find any major differences.

is the M31s better than A31. Any real life experiences?
Any specific reasons to not look at other brands?

the concerned person doesnt want to go for other brands(read: Chinese or less popular). other things i had in mind were redmi note 9 pro max, k20
One can get the K20 Pro with SD855 for 21.5-22k in sales and for same amount one gets Exynos9611 in Samsung M31s. So, apart from the M21 and M31 being VFM for battery and screen, all other Samsung phones under 30k are grossly overpriced and the main point of contention being the weak processor compared to SD offerings in the same price range from other brands.

Ya the samsung A series also have KNOX. Dont know if they are over rated but the M series do not have them.
M21 does not have AMOLED screen hence left that out.
Post automatically merged:

One can get the K20 Pro with SD855 for 21.5-22k in sales and for same amount one gets Exynos9611 in Samsung M31s. So, apart from the M21 and M31 being VFM for battery and screen, all other Samsung phones under 30k are grossly overpriced and the main point of contention being the weak processor compared to SD offerings in the same price range from other brands.

The pop up camera is a drawback for me. Anything that moves and has a mechanism is prone to failure.

The pop up camera is a drawback for me. Anything that moves and has a mechanism is prone to failure.

I had the same apprehension but.. the pop-up in my sis' 1 year old Realme X has been working flawlessly till now. And the full-screen Notch-less display is worth taking the risk imo.

Once you use a Notch-less display, its really difficult going back to notches.

I think till you are working in clean conditions (without grain or sand or lint), the pop-up should work just okay.

PS - Personally, I won't go for Samsung M series - iffy build quality, much less features compared to A or S series and shitty processors.
For me the ethics of a company matter more than their nationality. Samsung is milking Indian consumers for a long time. These chinese manufacturers forced them to launch the M series.. and now after the ban, they even have audacity to launch a budget series phone for ₹25,000 with a SD730, when SD855 phones are being sold for lesser.

This just reminded me of days when Samsung used to give 2.5GB RAM in their phones.

Last edited:
All the Samsung devices have that 9611 chip, from m21 to m31s, across all the A series devices as well, so whatever you get it doesn't matter much, in terms of performance at least. Only difference will be in camera, m31s having a slightly better one than m21 etc. M series however, were reported to be having some network issues (weak reception etc.) which A series didn't.

The newly released m51 at 22k isn't a bad choice, especially considering it's using a SD 7 series chip compared that the old and slow 9611 crap.

Ya the samsung A series also have KNOX. Dont know if they are over rated but the M series do not have them.
M21 does not have AMOLED screen hence left that out.
Post automatically merged:

Its rated to last very long. You can check durability tests.
Also K20pro is the best phone till 30k. Its at 22999 right now. Im using the phone. The notchless screen is beautiful. Phone looks insanely good. Battery is great, Screen is VERY good. I've not had a single lag in 10 days. The custom rom support is insane. They bundle a softtouch hard case which is premium af. Network speeds are great. I cant find a single flaw in this phone and I tried very hard. Except for the fact that there is glass at back. But once you drop the phone, all bets are off for any phone.

Back