Best Place to buy a Dell Laptop in terms of price?

tech12

Disciple
Aug 26, 2012
Hi All,

Just wanted to know who can offer me the best price for purchasing a Dell laptop - Online, Local dealer or buying from Dell directly ?

Also do all Dell models have Complete Cover Warranty?

My research here on this forum shows that Dell Vostro models are a better built than the Dell Inspiron models... do Vostro models come included with Complete Cover just like Inspiron?

Just been so confused since past few days with so many brands/models ... i think i'm steering towards Dell because of it's Complete Cover Warranty policy ... the most important thing i need at this point is after sales service that takes care of any possible issues or any accidental damages (just in case) ...

I've owned Hp and Acer before ... good experience with their tech support(phone, email) and service centers have been decent as well but after they run out of the 1 year warranty it costs a bomb to replace anything plus no accidental coverage.

So guys, please voice your opinion....

tech12

Disciple
Aug 26, 2012
Hi , No responses as yet...... i have anther question though..

is it safe to buy a Dell laptop from homeshop18... when i say safe i mean do you get a warranty on the laptop that will be valid in India and honoured by Dell India ?

Are the Dell laptops being sold on homeshop 18 sourced locally with Indian warranty or are they imported ones that do not have a valid Indian warranty?

Any experience or recommendations.... ?

kevil13

Disciple
Aug 31, 2012
Hello,

I would suggest you to buy a laptop from your nearest and local retailer only because there are many reasons behind this things. for example
1] when you pay online and you dont get delivery then you have to have a follow up with homeshop18 people and many things.

2] when you buy from a local retailer you can install the softwares through them only and you can personally inspect the laptop and buy it.

Dell does carry an international warranty. Just you have to do is when you shift to other country,go to the dell website and transfer the tag to the country where you will be residing.
Remember the transfer can be only done once.

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
you get the best deal on completecover if you buy online from the dell site. Plus dell usually offers discounts on their site which matches most of the discounts in the open market if you are looking for a PC with windows. Not sure if vostro can be ordered online though

haris5sani

Adept
May 17, 2009
New Delhi
I will suggest you to buy Dell Laptop directly from Dell India. I can provide you the number if you want.
Also they may not be best in price but they do offer Corporate Discount depending upon ur company & price of lappy.
Just get in touch with one of your IT friend & call Dell CC & ask for quotation n discount mailed to your email I'd. Submit your friend's proof of working in renowned MNC & get upto 8% discount.
Let me know if you need any help.

tech12

Disciple
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks for all your responses... i did email Dell and received a quote , however i see that the prices online are lesser for just about similar specs than what is being offered by Dell themselves...maybe it's a 2.3 ghz that's selling online instead of a 2.4 ghz being sold by Dell with the rest of the stuff remaining the same.... so i'm wondering if the stuff being sold online is authentic...

Personally i'd like to avoid buying from a local retailer or dealer.... This would probably be the last resort if i don't find anything better...

kevil13

Disciple
Aug 31, 2012
Good morning
Everything upon you bro.you gonna spend the money so spend it wisely. Buy from dell and when you buy from a retailer jus check wether its authentic or no

Regards,
Kevil

tech12

Disciple
Aug 26, 2012
ok... so i'm interested in this Dell model at 29k on Flipkart ...

Dell Vostro 1550 Laptop (2nd Gen Core i3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

On the Dell website the starting price for a Vostro laptop (see link below) is 34000 + taxes = 38-39 k.... about a 10 k difference...

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

The only difference i see is the Flipkart model has a 2.1 ghz processor and Linux compared to the Dell site that has 2.2 ghz and Windows 7 home basic (which i don't need anyways).... In fact the flipkart model apart from the processor seems much better since Flipkart's offering a Complete Cover Warranty instead of a Next Business Day warranty and a 500 gb hard disk instead of a 320 gb hard disk....

The quote i received from dell was even more expensive about 44k + ...

I'm wondering if it's better and safe (genuineness and waaranty) to buy from Flipkart ?

- - - Updated - - -

I will suggest you to buy Dell Laptop directly from Dell India. I can provide you the number if you want.
Also they may not be best in price but they do offer Corporate Discount depending upon ur company & price of lappy.
Just get in touch with one of your IT friend & call Dell CC & ask for quotation n discount mailed to your email I'd. Submit your friend's proof of working in renowned MNC & get upto 8% discount.
Let me know if you need any help.

I guess the number is the same one that's on the dell site ??? How does this friend scheme work ...? if it means buying a system in a friend's name then this can be a issue later on with warranty and service etc. as most of the friends in the IT sector live in another city...so probably not good in that sense then....