Budget 15-20K Best Place to buy Previous generation Flagships in India ?

So I was looking for a new phone ( preferrably at a budget ) but also none of the new phone features attract me , for example I was looking for nokia 6.1 for its lineage support or afordability , or asus 6z or rog phone 2 for headphone jack and sd , or even lg v40 or a note 9 or even a z2 force.

Is there a place online / offline that sells previous generation flagships at cut price and are reliable ? Olx is a cesspit for most of the time so dont want to deal with it !

Solution
Not sure about flagships, but both reliance digital and croma have some older SKUs in stock for some pincodes. e.g. the Nokia 7.2 shows as in stock for me on reliance.
While true its always never available at my pincode and also they still charge their original launch prices most times, although croma sometimes does have good sales tbf
Not sure about flagships, but both reliance digital and croma have some older SKUs in stock for some pincodes. e.g. the Nokia 7.2 shows as in stock for me on reliance.

While true its always never available at my pincode and also they still charge their original launch prices most times, although croma sometimes does have good sales tbf

Solution
Search for your listed products on Amazon and you can buy the refurbished version of the original smartphone. It may be a bit costlier than a second-hand smartphone, but it is actually better.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. In fact, I would go on to say, it is the other way around. A refurbished product can mean anything. In US, there are open-box deals which are better, but here in India they bundle everything under refurbished and it is much better and also cheaper to buy second hand products which one can be sure of that they haven't been opened or repaired. If you are someone who can't make the difference then probably, the second hand market is not for you. I have bought and sold many second hand phones as have many others, both on this forum and OLX, and one can get fantastic deals if they spend some time and effort on it.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. In fact, I would go on to say, it is the other way around. A refurbished product can mean anything. In US, there are open-box deals which are better, but here in India they bundle everything under refurbished and it is much better and also cheaper to buy second hand products which one can be sure of that they haven't been opened or repaired. If you are someone who can't make the difference then probably, the second hand market is not for you. I have bought and sold many second hand phones as have many others, both on this forum and OLX, and one can get fantastic deals if they spend some time and effort on it.
Second this.

The refurbished ones are probably the exchanges that people do, and even if Amazon themselves get decent refurbishing done, what's to stop someone from getting a dirt cheap screen repair job on a cracked screen phone and using that in an exchange? As far as I know, all they check at the time of exchange is that there are no cracks on the screen and it turns on.

I could hardly think of using a smartphone or a car for personal uses that has been used by someone else. Don't know why but second-hand things seem to be really bad to me. If you are looking for a flagship smartphone, OLX and Quicker might help you in the matter, but you can also buy products from Amazon. Search for your listed products on Amazon and you can buy the refurbished version of the original smartphone. It may be a bit costlier than a second-hand smartphone, but it is actually better.
However, I was to make a choice, I would have at least collected 30k and would have gone for a good, new smartphone. At the price, smartphones like Realme X7 pro seem to be a good choice with the kind of features they have and a new device is always better than a second-hand one or a refurbished one. Sometimes, you are not able to check all the features and need to spend more money to get a fault repaired.

I think you are misunderstanding me , I dont mean second hand or used by someone necessarily, I actually meant previous generation flagship bit new / box packed . For example I would prefer rog phone 2 over 3 due to headphone jack and sd card option but its not available, similarly asus 6z for flip cameraa nd jack , note 9 for dex jack and s-pen etc etc you get the drift !

I was happy with my phone when these were launched but now that My phone broke I want one of these NEW but really cant find anywhere, unlike US where you an find them new on amazon, hence the question !

Second this.

The refurbished ones are probably the exchanges that people do, and even if Amazon themselves get decent refurbishing done, what's to stop someone from getting a dirt cheap screen repair job on a cracked screen phone and using that in an exchange? As far as I know, all they check at the time of exchange is that there are no cracks on the screen and it turns on.
This is true i feel, flipkart sells exchange ones on 2gud for triple the value they give for the exchange of same model and they only do cosmetic outside phone body fix for most part. And amazon India sells refurbs on its own site I think.

AFAIK the previous gen phones are taken off the shelves by the companies to push the new one's. They buyback the same from the dealers at a good price. I am talking about the new sealed boxes.

I had purchased the Nokia 6.2 for about 10k last year for my Mom, so Reliance Digital sometimes does come up with good deals from time to time, but as you mentioned, it is dependent on the local store having the item in stock. Croma is good too with occasional deals and Tata Cliq is generally good with coupons and bank discounts when Amazon, Flipkart don't have any deals.

Back