Camera Best Point and Shoot Camera within 10-14k

channabasanna

Disciple
Hi All,

After so many plans of buying camera and some threads for that long back, finally decided to get the camera this weekend (so eagerly waiting for the salary to be credited on Friday
ohyeah.gif
).

Budget: 10-14k

Usage: (I am a starter for Photography, used only my N73 and Optimus one camera's till these days)
  1. Mainly for capturing details of scale models collectibles.
  2. Nature photographs when go for outing's.
  3. Dont want to go for high end photography, since i dont get time for that and dont want to simply put money on bigger camera's.

Listed Out:
Following are the camera's i have seen.
  1. Nikon Coolpix L120 - for 21x Optical Zoom (but needs 4 AA batteries, also has a good offer in Flipkart, Flipkart offer Nikon Coolpix L120: 14.1 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com)
  2. Canon PowerShot SX130 IS - donno much about it, but saw this in the same price range.
  3. Nikon Coolpix S6200 - Should i settle for this.

1. Suggest me which one to go for.
  2. Which batteries last more (AA or the normal batteries which come with S6200).
  3. Which one of these is VFM and has good features. (Have time to decide till Friday)

My strong vote for Canon SX220HS (12MP, 14x Zoom). takes quality pics and fast enough with good support for low light photography (HS series). tried my hands on a friends cam. good enough and reasonably compact than the ones listed by you above.

price is approx 14.5k. shouldn't be difficult finding it under 14k.

its debatable whether AA or the LiIon batters are better. only advantage of the AA is that you can replace it anywhere/anytime and dont have hunt for a charging point. but mind you cams using AA batteries run better on duracell or good amperage rechargeable batteries and not so gr8 on the standard 15rs batteries like eveready etc.

Thanks Malique, how about Nikon Coolpix S9100 for 15.4k is it really worth? Just had been to GK vale and checking out Camera's.

Also how much does a screen guard cost for the camera display and for the spare battery.

^^I also recommend the Panasonic Lumix TZ (also called ZS series abroad), I own the ZS7 and it's a fantastic camera. Lovely macros, great colours and HD recording.

Thanks guys, will consider the options provided, will do find their reviews before buying. Also, i am more inclined towards the offer Flipkart is providing with Nikon cameras

Guys, need a help in getting a new Memory card, one of the TE member had asked about S9100 and i told him about the freezing issue, he shared some info in which i read this.

[font=arial, sans-serif]"Nikon D3100 had this freezing problem but later it got solved by changing the free memory card with sandisk ultra 8GB ....when I checked the net about the free memory card of verbitem came along I was shocked to see that it was too bad performer soo the image could not be saved on memory card that quickly and low light images and video was even more horrible...and camera used to freeze every 10-15 pics [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]
icon_mad.gif
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The verbitem 4 gb card came with my DSLR had was a class 4 with max speed of 5MBPS and I replaced it with Sandisk 8 GB class 4 Ultra with speed upto 15MBps...now no freezing"[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]So i am thinking of changing the memory card, suggest me which one to go for Sandisk 8GB SDHC Extreme [/font]http://www.flipkart....bf-2eb2dc885916 or the SDHC Ultra http://www.flipkart....bf-2eb2dc885916

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am doing this because, i found my Camera freezing for 2 times out when taking around ~300 photos till now. Also the Flipkart support team and Nikon team asked me to do the same by using a different memory card. So suggest me which card to go for. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Should i go for 4GB or 8GB capacity?[/font]

#channabasanna

If you like all your photos to be on the camera even after syncing with your PC then go for a high capacity card.

No need to spend tons of money on Sandisk Extreme series SDHC cards. Get Trancend Class 10 cards, cheaper and more than capable of handling anything you can throw at it
<

Back