Budget 31-40k Best possible configuration around 35k

@Maverick_g please use this template [fill it appropriately] while asking for a RIG build query in this section.

Welcome to TE and have a nice stay. Cheerio!!

Thank you..
I'm on phone, if there is any mistakes or I missed something then please bear with me.

Questions

1. Q: What is your budget? a. Around 35 - 40k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model) a. Nothing

b. Monitor - Samsung 22" LCD TV which I will use as monitor for the time being f. SMPS - nothing

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model) a. Monitor - Samsung 22 " LCD TV

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement. a. Nothing

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component a. Yes, will upgrade the following after a year. A- GPU

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer) a. KOLKATA / Vedant Chandni Chowk

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market a. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware a. Gaming b. Browsing c. Download rig, 24x7 operation d. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike. a. No particular interest or dislike.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing? a. Strategy - Civilization 5 b. FIFA 12/13 - high settings c. Assassin's Creed Revelation /3 medium to full settings d. Dragon Age 2 full settings

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage 1. Gaming - 1280x728 After a year will get a full HD monitor

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock? a. Yes

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration? a. Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel Core i5 2500K ~13.5k
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ~10.5k OR
G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 ~3.7k
AMD HD7750-7k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB ~3.8k[You Can get 2nd hand HDD from the TE market for cheap]
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Logitech K200 keyboard-Mouse -0.7k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.2k[For Overclocking]
If you cannot stretch your budget then you should go for Non-Overclockable rig-
Intel i5 2400-10.5k OR i5 3550-13.5k
Intel DH67BL-B3-6k
Everything else as above.
Hope this helps.:)

@ jakob his budget is 35 to 40k & your suggested rig goes 1st rig goes to 48k & 2nd rig = 44k so if he can extend his budget then going for that is good option if not then getting a i3 rig is better option

Intel Core i3 2100 6.4k OR i5 2400 - 10.5
Intel DH67BL(B3) 5.2
Corsair XMS3 4GB X 2 - 3.2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB ~3.8k[You Can get 2nd hand HDD from the TE market for cheap]
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Sapphire HD 7770 - 10.5k

Total 35.9 OR 39.9k

Cheers:)

@ jakob his budget is 35 to 40k & your suggested rig goes 1st rig goes to 48k & 2nd rig = 44k so if he can extend his budget then going for that is good option if not then getting a i3 rig is better option

Intel Core i3 2100 6.4k OR i5 2400 - 10.5
Intel DH67BL(B3) 5.2
Corsair XMS3 4GB X 2 - 3.2k
Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.7k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
Sapphire HD 7770 - 10.5k

Total 35.9 OR 39.9k

Cheers:)

Where to get I3 & 67 at that price ? Any shop reference ? which city ?

I've stated in the bold format if the budget is strict then to go for i5 2400+H67 Combo,OP go for i5 combo with above except the cooler,Also you can go for 1TB if you can and AMD HD7750 is good enough to play games at high setting at that resolution.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

For online shopping smcinternational.in,Primeabgb or Flipkart.com are good shops you can get stuff from.
Where to get I3 & 67 at that price ? Any shop reference ? which city ?

I've stated in the bold format if the budget is strict then to go for i5 2400+H67 Combo,OP go for i5 combo with above except the cooler,Also you can go for 1TB if you can and AMD HD7750 is good enough to play games at high setting at that resolution.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

For online shopping smcinternational.in,Primeabgb or Flipkart.com are good shops you can get stuff from.
Jakob @JJ the great
As you can see
JJ mentioned
Intel Core i3 2100 6.4k
Intel DH67BL(B3) 5.2k

So i was asking Where to get i3 @ Rs. 6400 & DH67BL (B3) @ 5200. Where exactly JJ got the price from.. That's what my question is.
If the OP consider the rate (which is low by 800-1200) he might have to pay more than he expected. Also i3 at that rate is very good where exactly you get that ?

Well you can get the components from prime abgb,Theitwares or Smcinternational,You can try locally as well.
Jakob @JJ the great
As you can see
JJ mentioned
Intel Core i3 2100 6.4k
Intel DH67BL(B3) 5.2k

So i was asking Where to get i3 @ Rs. 6400 & DH67BL (B3) @ 5200. Where exactly JJ got the price from.. That's what my question is.
If the OP consider the rate (which is low by 800-1200) he might have to pay more than he expected. Also i3 at that rate is very good where exactly you get that ?

Well you can get the components from prime abgb,Theitwares or Smcinternational,You can try locally as well.
Again not asking about the place where to buy component i am asking i3 AT 6400 WHERE TO GET IT AT THE MENTIONED RATE FROM WHICH SHOP... Who is providing i3 at 6400
and also 5200 for mobo where exactly are u getting this quotes from..

Again not asking about the place where to buy component i am asking i3 AT 6400 WHERE TO GET IT AT THE MENTIONED RATE FROM WHICH SHOP... Who is providing i3 at 6400
and also 5200 for mobo where exactly are u getting this quotes from..

@Jakob must be compensating, because the Core i3 2120 retails close to ~7000/- and the Rupee has appreciated a little versus the $ so the price(s) might have come down; this is not a definite yes OR no because I have yet to go to Nehru Place to check prices for recent days.

I agree that the prices of the motherboard are drastically lower than what I expect them to be. Care to explain Jakob.

altainta First of all no one can give you exact price of a component and i don't exactly know where JJ the great got the quotes for i3 and H67 mono,I've posted certain shops where you can get components to that price.If you check online mostly i3 2100 is not listed as much as i3 2120-7k or so,You can check locally like nehru palace or else where for lower prices.About the mobo prices getting lower it must be due to $=54rs something good after all.
Jakob must be compensating, because the Core i3 2120 retails close to ~7000/- and the Rupee has appreciated a little versus the $ so the price(s) might have come down; this is not a definite yes OR no because I have yet to go to Nehru Place to check prices for recent days.

I agree that the prices of the motherboard are drastically lower than what I expect them to be. Care to explain Jakob.

Sorry for the late reply. It was my first post here that too from my phone, so I was not able to explain properly. I just needed the CPU excluding hard disk (i have a monitor, keyboard, mouse) I extended my budget to 47k. I got this:
1)Corsair 650W PSU
2)Asus P8 Z77-M PRO Motherboard
3)Intel i5 3450 processor
4)8GB 1333Mhz RAM
5)Power Color Radeon HD 6850 Graphic card
6)Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet
7)250GB Seagate HD (my 1TB WD was not working so I got this until the replacement arrives)
These for 46.6k. BTW thanks for your suggestions. :)

Sorry for the late reply. It was my first post here that too from my phone, so I was not able to explain properly. I just needed the CPU excluding hard disk (i have a monitor, keyboard, mouse) I extended my budget to 47k. I got this:
1)Corsair 650W PSU
2)Asus P8 Z77-M PRO Motherboard
3)Intel i5 3450 processor
4)8GB 1333Mhz RAM
5)Power Color Radeon HD 6850 Graphic card
6)Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet
7)250GB Seagate HD (my 1TB WD was not working so I got this until the replacement arrives)
These for 46.6k. BTW thanks for your suggestions. :)

Where will you buy all this from and this is what I suggest --
Intel Core i5 2400 ~10500/-
Intel DH77-KC ~7000/- OR ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/- [go for a H77 chipset based motherboard as you are getting a non-k marked processor]
Corsair Vengeance OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
AMD HD7770 GHz edition ~10000/- [OR wait for the nVidia GTX660Ti to release, no point going for the HD6850 it is an old card]
NZXT Gamma ~2600/- OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- http://www.xtremegx.com/ [the Cooler Master eLite 311 is no match for these]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [why go for a 2.5" hard-drive?]
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-

If you want to over-clock, go for this --
Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/-
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~10500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
[rest of the configuration same as above]

You cannot over-clock until you do not have a -k marked processor along with a Z77 chipset based motherboard. Either of these things missing then you cannot over-clock.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

@ALPHA17: There is no point recommending an H77 chipset and 1600 Mhz FSB RAM with Core i5 2400. The maximum RAM FSB Core i5 2400 can support is 1333 Mhz. OP is better off going for an H67 chipset and a 1333 MHz FSB RAM and using the precious juice saved to splurge on a better GFX card.. preferably HD 6950 or HD 7850.. Check memory specifications on the link below:
Intel® Core? i5-2400 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

@ALPHA17: There is no point recommending an H77 chipset and 1600 Mhz FSB RAM with Core i5 2400. The maximum RAM FSB Core i5 2400 can support is 1333 Mhz. OP is better off going for an H67 chipset and a 1333 MHz FSB RAM and using the precious juice saved to splurge on a better GFX card.. preferably HD 6950 or HD 7850.. Check memory specifications on the link below:
Intel® Core? i5-2400 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

I have explained this plenty of times and here we go again, the Intel Sandy-Bridge and in extension [Ivy-Bridge] integrated memory controller is a very well designed. It is quite unlike the earlier Nehalem controller which was rather finicky about the memory and its latency to provide consistent performance.

Here are a few articles that I suggest are mighty important to understand how the current Intel processors and chipsets respond to memory with differences with respect to frequency and latency -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3 / DDR3 SDRAM for Sandy Bridge: Choosing the Best Memory for LGA1155 Platform - X-bit labs / Choosing the Best DDR3 SDRAM for Ivy Bridge - X-bit labs.

Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.

We also found that memory bandwidth does scale with CPU clock speed; however, it still doesn't translate into any meaningful real-world performance. The sweet spot still appears to be DDR3-1600. All of the extra performance gained by overclocking almost certainly comes from the CPU overclock itself and not from the extra memory bandwidth.

Finally, although the effects of low latency memory can be seen in our bandwidth tests, they don't show any real world advantage over their higher latency (ahem, cheaper) counterparts. None of the real-world tests performed showed any reason to prefer low latency over raw speed.

More-over I do not see how OP's savings of ~1000/- will suddenly allow him to purchase a HD7850 all of a sudden which he has already specified will upgrade in due time.
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component a. Yes, will upgrade the following after a year. A- GPU

Also while we are at it, the H77 chipset is similar to the H67 in every-which way apart that it integrates the USB 3.0 controller into the chipset. Also it technically in conjunction with an Ivy-Bridge processor can support RAM modules rates at upto ~2400MHz [not that I will want OP to buy these]. So for an increment of ~1000/- -->1500/- INR we see OP getting a newer chipset.

And all this is without considering if OP is adamant on getting an over-clock capable RIG. Peace!

I already bought the stated configuration. I kept in mind that I won't be able to OC. If I feel the CPU is not up to the mark after a year or so, then I will upgrade. At present I have to stay in budget, but in future I want a dual monitor setup or if possible will go for triple monitor gaming setup. I thought the configuration was good enough for present, so I bought it.

I already bought the stated configuration. I kept in mind that I won't be able to OC. If I feel the CPU is not up to the mark after a year or so, then I will upgrade. At present I have to stay in budget, but in future I want a dual monitor setup or if possible will go for triple monitor gaming setup. I thought the configuration was good enough for present, so I bought it.

Oh! Well... congratulations mate, enjoy your new RIG. Cheerio!

Back