Storage Solutions Best Recovery tool for FAT System

RadioHeAd

Disciple
I had a 160 gb hard drive which served me well for 2yrs or so (extensive usage incl. removing it too often). Finally after rigorous usage it gave up resulting in me losing all the 160gb date since i had not created any drives. Is there any tool which would help me recover the data (its FAT file system) and at the same time fix the hard disk problem. The data is not really imp. but would be great if i had it. Also i think the HD is still under warranty.

Apprecite all ur help

If it is 160Gigs, you must be using OS XP or above, then why did you have to choose to format it in FAT? Does your computer detect the HDD now? If it Doesn't, then check whether it is seen in BIOS or not. If you can see the HDD in BIOS then perform a "Quick format" in FAT by using XP CD of DOS and use "Easy Recovery Professional" and choose "Formatted recovery". Or you can use "Get Back Data for FAT system" provided you have a working computer with OS installed. Nothing will happen to the HDD even if you use both the Software(s) one after one. Check by which you can get back the most. After you get back what ever lost files remember to Format it to NTFS. Good Luck.

Thnx for the reply mate.. Have got a new system now.. jus 6 mnths ol' with windows 7 64 bit running in it. although i wud try and follow what u have said n will update u about the same..m more eager to get the data than the get the hard disk upn running.. newys thnx again.. will update soon

Back