All OS Best Smartphone Camera 2022 - Without hype

Best 2022 Smartphone camera tested by MKBHD - No Hype edition. Actual test backed by 20 Million people's blind choice data and no fanboi or advertising
See if the pics you put on social media thinking it is from the most expensive best camera... Is actually perceived as the best by 20 million people

And no it is not the fruit company not even in top 3

Last edited:
Interesting..Pixel phones are great..But I thought Huawei phones with huge dxomark scores will come on top, but that wasn't the case.

His blind choice data is what I have an issue with. This is not some sociology experiment. Everything HDR does not mean good photo but hey if that's what people pick then the phone that does that better wins. Bunk!

If you compare at the pixel level which resolves better over others should settle the question. These days most phones take good photos and if not there's always manual tweaking available which was not there earlier. The differences are more with video but stills should be good enough for most.

Whether the photo comes out good or not has more to do with who took the photo than what took it. Why is this such a radical idea?

Think about it. You're the brains. The phone is dumb but with the mobile crowd, they invert that equation.

Just yeaterday I saw one surprising camera comparison between Pixel 6, iphone and xiaomi 11t. Iphone on top while pixel and 11t were almost similar.

Just yeaterday I saw one surprising camera comparison between Pixel 6, iphone and xiaomi 11t. Iphone on top while pixel and 11t were almost similar.
Yes paid videos and "believe me bro" or "iphone rich android poor" videos are dime a dozen...but mkbhd blind test is only one in the industry and this year he has taken it up a notch
His blind choice data is what I have an issue with. This is not some sociology experiment. Everything HDR does not mean good photo but hey if that's what people pick then the phone that does that better wins. Bunk!

If you compare at the pixel level which resolves better over others should settle the question. These days most phones take good photos and if not there's always manual tweaking available which was not there earlier. The differences are more with video but stills should be good enough for most.

Whether the photo comes out good or not has more to do with who took the photo than what took it. Why is this such a radical idea?

Think about it. You're the brains. The phone is dumb but with the mobile crowd, they invert that equation.
90% or more realistically 99% of people take pics today to "show off," and if people perceive some picture as the best picture, that is all that matters (for them)....doesn't matter if it is actually a "good photo"...at least for those 90% or 99% who are taking it to show it off to others

Same way as a "beautiful looking person" has no meaning outside of how society perceives beauty as...

Again all this is for those people who want to take pictures to show to others

Last edited:
Yes paid videos and "believe me bro" or "iphone rich android poor" videos are dime a dozen...but mkbhd blind test is only one in the industry and this year he has taken it up a notch
Nothing was paid here it was some photography website and results were side-side. Today morning only cleared edge browser history else would have shared the link.
And hate it or not you cant take it from iphone in terms of photography even if android climbs that 1000 mp ladder..

90% or more realistically 99% of people take pics today to "show off," and if people perceive some picture as the best picture, that is all that matters (for them)....doesn't matter if it is actually a "good photo"...at least for those 90% or 99% who are taking it to show it off to others
A good photo is one that makes you look at it a bit longer. There is an incredible amount of creativity that comes into it. If you have seen the pro tog cheap camera series on YT you will know what I mean. The very antithesis of this video
Same way as a "beautiful looking person" has no meaning outside of how society perceives beauty as...
it's just which got better processing that too what the masses think
Again all this is for those people who want to take pictures to show to others
Isn't that what galleries are for? ones you pay to enter and see some artist's work. Its always been about that.

Isn't that what galleries are for? Its always been about that.
yes I meant the way I use it is a bit different ...I am not on social media and the reason I take pictures is for us to go through them years later and revisit the memories...kinda like the old reel days where photos are very private and cherished memories

MY mom takes really nice photos , i wanted to upgrade her phone from Oneplus 5 to something new.. I am eyeing on Pixel 7 , or should i go with some other phones ? Pixel 6a is also in my list , but battery charging , overheat issues makes me go for pixel 7. Any other phone with better camera ? Dont suggest iphone lineup..

Back