Best Sound Bar for an HDTV?

ravihpa

Disciple
Hey guys,

A friend of mine has an LED HDTV in his living room and he is interested in getting a sound bar for it. He checked out 2 Phillips sound bars (a smaller and a larger version) but didn't like the output. He then checked out one of those Intex soundbars, costing around 11k, and he really liked it. He was thinking of buying it but thought of asking my advice first, thinking there might be better sound bars out there that are really good and worth the price :)

He's okay with spending 10 to 15k on it, may be more if the soundbar is really worth it :)

Please help us out in selecting one of the best sound bars out there.

Thanx a lot in advance guys :)

I tried a lot of soundbars last year when I had the same situation... Purchased a LED tv and noticed that the sound was too poor for my daily viewing experience...
I was not really impressed by any of the sound bars.... so decided to go for logitech z906. I dont think soundbars can give you good quality not atleast in the sub 20k range. Not sure about the more expensive ones....
5.1 is better than buying an expensive soundbar....

Well, to tell you the truth, he already has a very good and expensive Harman/Kardon setup in his media room with projectors and shit :p

He just wants a soundbar to enhance the sound of his LED in his living room :)

He just now called me and told me to check out the F&D T780W Sound Bar...

http://www.fendaindia.com/products_view.asp?id=71

He really liked the sound and might go for it coz it's in his budget with warranty and all, but we would still appreciate any input on any other sound bars.

Any suggestions ?

then suggest him a sound bar from Yamaha. comes with a sound bar and a woofer... superb quality. i tried it in Reliance digital... price was about 45kish iirc.

Back