Best way to rip DVDs

Errrr....Are u asking for any guide to rip and convert or you wanna know which is the best way or software to be used to rip and convert ???

i mean ... a guide which is not highy techie..
i dont think there is one click solution to make an aXXo or any prof rip quality.
suggest some apps if u think so..
a custom script for it in Virtual dub .. anythin
looking for somebody having patience to explain properly. :anyone:

Fair Use is one nice Software for converting DVD's to Divx/Xvid + Ac3/Mp3

Its a all in one pkg.

"Quad Master" - Posted By mistake thru my sisters login.

i dont know about u guys, but im hooked to nero recode and now all my dvds are ripped into the mp4 format with 5.1 sound using dual pass encoding and h263 quantization. I adjust bitrates such that i get a resulting vid size of 1.6gb and im more than satisfied with the quality :)

guys...Which software is best for burning dvds to xvid....or dvix...?

Which format is better vxid or dvix for burning dvd to computer..??

Smith said:
i dont know about u guys, but im hooked to nero recode and now all my dvds are ripped into the mp4 format with 5.1 sound using dual pass encoding and h263 quantization. I adjust bitrates such that i get a resulting vid size of 1.6gb and im more than satisfied with the quality :)
Are you able to play them on a regular DVD player ?

I prefer just dumping them onto a big hdd without any further encoding :p Use DVDShrink to remove menus, extras, and unwanted languages.

I use dvd2svcd I first convert the vob file into avi, then use TMPGEnc XPress to convert it into mpeg1 or mpeg2 files and then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn it into DVDs by creating my own menus. That way in vcd quality i can put in 3-4 movies in 1 DVD (4.5GB)

For splitting dvd 9GB one to two 4.5GB one I used DVD Fab It keeps the menus etc but the problem is if the dvd is lets say 7 GB it will still use 2 DVDs (4.5GB ones) and sometimes it does not gives an option to split (like salaam namaste dvd which has just 1 vob files instead of 0.99GB vob files)

To convert from divx/xvid to DVD i use winAVI video converter it has a very simple and good interface. It can also convert from vob to divx/xvid

and now DVD players are coming which can play the divx files.

i use dvdfabdecrypter free version, which just about manages to rip throguh any security out there on DVD's. Then lowers the size in DVDshrink, another freeware, and then burn on regualr blank DVD with DVD Decrypter after creating an .ISO from DVDshrink.

the only reasons xvix dont play in hw divx players is 1) quantization - always keep it to h.263 for best results . MPEG is also fine . 2) Turn off GMC 3)Turn of Quarter Pixeling .4) always have packed bitstream checked .

this will ensure all xvid movies can be played on divx hw based players .

Back