Best website for online book purchases

Look at the details.

They both are different editions and from different publishers,probably one is American edition and the other English one,just guessing but I've seen this with several books.

The page count is different too,maybe one just has a special introduction or something and some extra bits or maybe both of them are slightly different in vocabulary,you should check the reviews on amazon or something.

One is Del Rey Books and the other is Voyager, hmmm I'll check it out.

One more question: Do you get some sort of discount coupons in Flipkart or is it simply the individual discounts that are available? Are there any special offers for regular buyers? Anything for bulk buying?

EDIT: Where did you see the page count?

Just received my copy of 2061: Odyssey Three from Flipkart.com. Ordered 31st March, received 3rd April. Excellent experience, awesome discounts.

I'm abandoning Landmark/Crossword from now. Will only go there for checking out books to order from Flipkart. Money saved. Thanks to all those who replied. :D

panther said:
Nbcindia, provided book at a very cheaper rate then other site, but they deliver very late, in my case it took them nearly 2 months. but the price was at par with american site, and those books where not available with any other online seller

In my case as you said price was at par but i found delivery to be apt i got my books in 5 days(I just called them up after placing order and they said they will dispatch it next day)

Flipkart is cool.. Ordered nearly 6 Graphic Novels from them.. All imported editions.. And they delivered the books within 10-12 days.. Pretty cool..

On the other hand, wanted to try Infibeam.. So ordered GOW 3 LE Strategy Guide :eek:hyeah: from Infibeam.. Said they would deliver in 11-17 business days.. After repeated emails, they said they would ship it by the 9th-10th of this month.. And i still have to hear from them.. :mad: ..

Flipkart rocks..!! :punk:

Flipkart probably has to be the best online book store! I have been ordering from these guys for the past 2 weeks now and trust me, they are amazingly fast with their delivery and great prices too!

My friend couldn't believe the prices that they were selling at, much cheaper than the book stores in the malls et al and most of all, they had books in stock that have been out-of-stock in some of the leading book stores.

The delivery has been flat one day, I place the order at 3:00AM on 24th, 25th it gets sent, 26th it reaches me. So flat one day!

Cheers to flipkart! And for all those who are looking for discount coupons for flipkart, use this 20% discount coupon

kunaldua said:
Try Iglooo Compare Book Prices in India | Iglooo - India's first and only price comparison site for books that lets you compare book prices across 5 leading stores i.e. A1 Books, Firstandsecond, Flipkart, Landmark and Crossword.

Disclaimer - I run Iglooo! :eek:hyeah:

Cheers to you for making such an awesome search portal!

Love iglooo.com :D

And the coupon flip10 does work but don't use it if the book already has a higher discount. Its good if the book doesnt have any predefined discount.

Flipkart.com.

At the very outset, I've only purchased only one book from Flipkart as yet ... but the experience I had...I'd surely buy books from Flipkart.

I had made a minor mistake in my address, but it was enough to lose the book I had ordered. Sent a mail to them and within 24 hrs they corrected the problem. The book, a hard-bound edition came in all sound and secure...great packaging for a hard bound.

And most of their prices were better than what I saw at the World Book Fair 2010 or Teksons,Delhi.

At the end of the day I feel Flipkart is reliable and best priced.

Flipkart is decent. They have most titles available. Else they source it from abroad, which takes 20 days, no issues. If it is in stock 2-3 days is standard.

I purchased from few sites and here is the summary,

infibeam(multiple experience)- variety(as good as flipcart), better discounts, good shipping.(what mentioned on their site as shipping time is actually dispatch time from their store)

Rediff - just one experience with them, later I found, they actually are like ebay and other sellers ships on their behalf. The one i ordered came from landmark. but otherwise shipping was prompt.

Indiaplaza: pathetic service, rates less than others but time wasted on follow-up makes it useless. on positive site you can use your citibank reward points to purchase books. So its kinda free. but otherwise stick to other options.

I hope it helps.

Back