Best YouTube Extension

Nalin

Skilled
Looking for some suggestions for the best YouTube Extension available on Safari, Chrome and as well as FireFox.

My main requirement is to force video quality to 4K, I used to have one in Chrome but I can't remember what was its name.

Looking for some suggestions for the best YouTube Extension available on Safari, Chrome and as well as FireFox.

My main requirement is to force video quality to 4K, I used to have one in Chrome but I can't remember what was its name.
I use it to force youtube videos to stream at a fixed quality.

So I got a really nice alternative way to achieve the same goal which is to change the resolution to the highest setting. While all these plugins are good but definitely way overkill for a single purpose. So I installed TamperMonkey on Chrome and while the same extension is paid on Mac App Store I found a nice open source and free alternative script manager called Userscripts for Safari as well. The script can be configured to alter desired user input resolution and also change the player size.

Here is the script :-

Here is the free and open source alternate to TamperMonkey for Safari :-

Theres one called YouMute which mutes all ads automatically. This can be used in case you want to support the video creator but it blurs the video and mutes the audio of the ad being played.
Another one is SponsorBlock, which skips sponsored ads in videos which creators put themselves

Back