PC Peripherals Beware !! Foul tactics by Mahavir @ lamington road...

madnav

Skilled
i was at lammy today, had to buy stuff worth 50k+...

well since having seen mahavir shop's name on TE a few time i thought about getting quotes from them...

to my amaze...(see the quotes)

Samsung P2250 - 9k (9.45k everywhere in the lammy at the same day)

Asus HD4770 512MB - 5.8k (not available anywhere at lammy)

Sapphire HD4850 512MB - 5.8k (6.6k at some shops at lammy..bt NA at most shops)

other quotes were appropriate..

i ordered all these things...!!

now the sales person asks me what about other components..

i said lets wait for what i have ordered to arrive...

there were only 2 customers in the shop including me and it was not like the saleperson was busy..

i still waited for half an hour...till that time the sale person had tried to lure me into buying cpu and board..

i said im buying X2 240 + Gigabyte mcp61 based board.... obviously he wanted to compensate for the margin he was loosing on what i had ordered..!!

he started making comments like stay away from gigabyte...why do you want gigabyte...and "it has nV chipset...your gfx card wont work with it"

i said OK... lets bet on i t... double or nothing, if it works..i get it for free...if it doesn't i'll pay double..!!

he still wouldn't listen tried to sell me A785GE for 4.5k!!!!!

when that started seeming helpless.. he tried to lure me into buying HD54xx and GT220 cards instead of what i ordered...

well i was a man with a mission...

after one hour..no ordered progress...

made excuses like Sapphire is a bad brand.. XFX is awesome.. Aditya Infotech is CHor and Rashi is Baap of all players...lamer

(coz i insisted on Sapphire and tried avoiding rashi)

the sales person says casually... "Sir ye P2250 distributor wala lelo na..import ka matt lo !! :hap2:" (he quoted 9.5k for 'Distributor wala material' :no:)

what i want to point out is.. i never ask for import material..no one does.. n i caught his foul and said it straight away. I also told him that I will make sure that people will know what you attempted.

none the less.. he managed to waste my one hour and i had to buy from my regular sources...

in the meantime while my 1hr was being wasted..

2guys were around to ask quotes...

the fellow quoted him 7.9k for an HD4890... :clap: which according to him was capable of running on VIP Gold 500W !! :bleh:

I would request all fellow members to beware of such foul players..

Mahavir has made it to the list along with Cassette World now...

Wow... thanks for sharing this.
I feel sad for the less informed, who unlike you probably woudn't be able to dodge all that BS. :(

viralbug said:
IINM, there are a 2-3 Mahavirs at Lammy. Which one was this?

Address as per the quotation Paper

MAHAVIR ELECTRONIC

316, Dhun Bldg., Near Lamington Road Police STation, Lamington Road, Mumbai - 400 007. email: ria322@hotmail.com

INTEL GID No. 10114246

the shop comes before Police station while walking in direction from Grant Road Rail Station to PrimeAbGb side.

the intel GID number reminds me one more thing...

when i stated that Aditya has better ASS than RASHI... he said.. "Fir AMD kyun le rahe ho??!! Intel Lo...!!! " wtf ??!!

Why didn't u come to my shop all these shops out there are like that only will give u ultra low below cost price Rates. Then when u don't find anyone beating their price u go there and guess wat this happens.

Either they sell you Parallel Import stuff without warranty or When u go to buy they will ask you to buy stuff they want to sell at their rates. And many people after going round and round lammy get frustrated nd just buy the things off.

Beware and buy from better shops don't look for 25-50 Rs your saving it'll help you Save a lot of trouble, frustration & Money in future.

assumed you would be busy so did not come.

similar happened with buygamingstuff..

i called him n PMed him on 27th.. he said he is on leave..for 3days...also PMed him 2days ago(or yesterday it was) but there was no sign of response..called again but did not receive it..

so kinda lost patience and bought from prime. (even Mccann sales was very lazy to give quotes today..despite of being very less crowed at that time)

the stuff was required to be bought by today itself.

but anyways.. this thread is not about that.

nothing personal, just a matter of personal preference in the end maybe.

will rather come to your shop next time for quote than judging by pm next time :)

lol its a no brainier excuse yaar i am sure u would have even forgotten tht theitwares is even there on lammy but u did not receive reply of PM tatzy ur angry and did not come is like ...anyways

I knw wht this thread is about ... I just suggested u tht i was also there after looking at this thread so anyways may be next time also this is no marketing i am doing here buddy i never force my customers to do anything or buy anything.

im very well aware of where e-Lounge is located :)

and its nothing personal :)

i appreciate your efforts in bringing new products to forum and to market as well and i am not considering this to be a part of marketing in this thread. you are a member too. and you have a right to reason with forum members as much as forum members have a right to bargain with you :)

Madnav Sorry to hear about your experience

Btw just like in the thread u mentioned u going for shopping to buy 50k+ Stuff did u mentioned the same to the shop owner also ?..Like i want all products for computer

Because no shop will show u cheap quotes unless they sure u buying other stuffs from them where they can adjust the margins...

Like if in a shop i go and say Please give rates of 1 tb hdd the guy wont quote me 3k unless and until he is sure i want the rest of computer products like ram graphic card where he can adjust the margins by 1-3k easily

May be u gave them a complete list of products u want and after they showed u the quote of all...U chose the one where they quotes are less(like my 3k 1tb hdd quote from all other product)...

U should have said them point blank i wont buy all products from u but only which i need at start or if i only buy this product will the rates be same

The practice u mentioned is not new but an old tactic at lammy...i bet even if u had stayed whole day the product wont have reached .Why would the owner say i misquoted this product price so i can adjust it at other place but on the contrary he could have said the only offer price will be this if u buy cpu and mobo as the company is offering us some loyalty on it to make their stand clear

Its not that i am blaming u or taking side of the dealer ..But i think u being a regular guy here might have known this tactic..Its a simple business trick which everyone businessmen uses.if he is sure he can adjust the margins

Also my present formula is to avoid all shops which u see at front of the road like mahavir,shree semiconductor,cassette world ,computer selection,plug n play...They anyhow gets noob customer hence their prices are higher than other shops..

On contrary these days i pity electronic malls ..In past 2-3 days i made a visit to relaince digital plus kroma at r city..Just to see whether they sell internal hdd..They dont plus they quote horrible prices the ups which i bought for 7.2k 3 years bak is being sold for 7.6k in reliance digital now Also when u can buy a single moserbaer cd for as low as 7-8 rupee in malls the whole 50-100 cd packet still makes its cost ard 12 and 27 for dvds and the most funny part 4gb memory stick pro duo cost somewhere around 900 they are selling 2gb for 999 and transcend mp860 u can buy for 3450 on ebay cost 6k in kroma..So its better u keep a tab on prices

MAGNeT said:
Madnav Sorry to hear about your experience

Btw just like in the thread u mentioned u going for shopping to buy 50k+ Stuff did u mentioned the same to the shop owner also ?..Like i want all products for computer

Because no shop will show u cheap quotes unless they sure u buying other stuffs from them where they can adjust the margins...

Like if in a shop i go and say Please give rates of 1 tb hdd the guy wont quote me 3k unless and until he is sure i want the rest of computer products like ram graphic card where he can adjust the margins by 1-3k easily

May be u gave them a complete list of products u want and after they showed u the quote of all...U chose the one where they quotes are less(like my 3k 1tb hdd quote from all other product)...

U should have said them point blank i wont buy all products from u but only which i need at start or if i only buy this product will the rates be same

The practice u mentioned is not new but an old tactic at lammy...i bet even if u had stayed whole day the product wont have reached .Why would the owner say i misquoted this product price so i can adjust it at other place but on the contrary he could have said the only offer price will be this if u buy cpu and mobo as the company is offering us some loyalty on it to make their stand clear

Its not that i am blaming u or taking side of the dealer ..But i think u being a regular guy here might have known this tactic..Its a simple business trick which everyone businessmen uses.if he is sure he can adjust the margins

Also my present formula is to avoid all shops which u see at front of the road like mahavir,shree semiconductor,cassette world ,computer selection,plug n play...They anyhow gets noob customer hence their prices are higher than other shops..

On contrary these days i pity electronic malls ..In past 2-3 days i made a visit to relaince digital plus kroma at r city..Just to see whether they sell internal hdd..They dont plus they quote horrible prices the ups which i bought for 7.2k 3 years bak is being sold for 7.6k in reliance digital now Also when u can buy a single moserbaer cd for as low as 7-8 rupee in malls the whole 50-100 cd packet still makes its cost ard 12 and 27 for dvds and the most funny part 4gb memory stick pro duo cost somewhere around 900 they are selling 2gb for 999 and transcend mp860 u can buy for 3450 on ebay cost 6k in kroma..So its better u keep a tab on prices

i certainly did not and would never tell that i'm here to spend 50k :p :)

infact i never make it clear to new shopkeepers whether i am to purchase or for quotes.

i roam around for a while for quotes everywhere...then see if new sources are offering prices much better than older sources..and then only i try to haggle.

otherwise i do not mind paying a lil extra to reliable sources. :)

There are few products which are damn cheap at mall.

i remember people buying BlueRay drives for below market price.

Polk audio steal deals....both at croma i guess.

You just have to keep checking the prices regularly..the window of opportunity opens only for a small amount of time :p

sometimes they also have exchange offers on LCD purchase. they give upto 1.5k rebate on old CRT which is instant.

anfjavid said:
Is this Mahavir shop related to the MAHAVIR COMPUTERS in Chennai ?.

Do not know that...but that should not matter.

The awareness is rather about foul salesmanship.

you will find these kinds everywhere.

just beware is what i mean. :p :)

also one thing to consider.

Do your home-work whenever you go out shopping. do not buy impulsively as per whatever the vendor suggests. vendor will always suggest what is generating more profit.

stick to your list.

there have been times when mccann and cassette world have sold "PentiumD over Dual core stating that it has larger cache"...."9400GT 1GB is better than 4670 512MB"... they do not care whether there will be any consequences of making vague statements... they even look at the MRP on the box before quoting sometime :O (poor customers :( )

madnav said:
infact i never make it clear to new shopkeepers whether i am to purchase or for quotes.
i roam around for a while for quotes everywhere...then see if new sources are offering prices much better than older sources..and then only i try to haggle.

Than its really a disgusting practice by Mahavir Computer ...:(

Anyways avoid road side shops next time ..check in bylanes

Madnav:
You are knowledgeable and have good street sense. Imagine what happens to people who usually end up listening to shops keepers of that nature. Really sad. Why the heck was he giving you crap advice. And in the end, you could not get your stuff from them -- post waiting an hour. Sad.

Its always good if you buy your stuff from 2-3 trusted dealers and refer for prices with shops. Unless there is some "jhol" involved, no1 is going to give you anything lesser price than stuff that you get from proper distributors/sellers.

I remember I bought seagate 250GB and a xfx 7300gt a very long time from one of the dealers here back in my n00b days. It was then i realized that i was cheated because I didn't get a proper bill, nor there was any serial code on the card and the bill. When I googled about him, i found in other forums he used to say that he will give a bill later and end up making a noise. This was back in 2007 and now he has a proper store in lamington road with lot of people going there, also from forums like TE. I hope this guy has changed his way of doing business. I dealt with prime, phoenix, buygaming stuff and a store in bandra for rare occasions, all of which I got decent pricing with proper after sales RMA if needed and a proper bill.

Sad part is that people want cheap products rather than proper service/bill to claim warranty. For a difference of Rs. 50-Rs. 250 (depending on the product) people end up not only only being cheated big time, but they also brag about such stores/places. Frankly, whichever shops/sellers say "don't worry sir, I will take care of the service if you buy it from me" or abusing other distri/sellers are the ones to stay away from. There are many people who bought crappy stuff like intex from prime but they say "this is bad and "this is good" unless someone asks an advice.

madnav said:

You just have to keep checking the prices regularly..the window of opportunity opens only for a small amount of time :p
sometimes they also have exchange offers on LCD purchase. they give upto 1.5k rebate on old CRT which is instant.
Do your home-work whenever you go out shopping. do not buy impulsively as per whatever the vendor suggests. vendor will always suggest what is generating more profit.
stick to your list.
there have been times when mccann and cassette world have sold "PentiumD over Dual core stating that it has larger cache"...."9400GT 1GB is better than 4670 512MB"... they do not care whether there will be any consequences of making vague statements... they even look at the MRP on the box before quoting sometime :O (poor customers :( )
yes that is true many shop keeper earn more profile for sell old EOL hardware stuff

cause even i notice the customer is buying ati 5850 and using zebronics platinum 700 watt at total 28 amps that is BS

and i try force the customer and avoid the cheaper psu due to poor efficacy and lose of power damage at overloading amps due poor efficacy below 50 %

and the customer feel it and he change his mind and bought corsair 450 vx and i finally thank god to him and also told him to let pray about your computer running stable at long gaming :)
@anfjavid

i guess it also same but i never trust that shop is earn profile too and fool customer where they have been ripped off

P.S i remember long back where my friend want to buy the gpu card for running all games to try something new also motherboard with pci-express too cause his old motherboard was intel duo 2 e4500 2.2 ghz with 945 chipest original one without pci-express

that why i ask him for nvidia 7050 board or G31 board

they said no stock on g31 board and g33 is available for 4k and his budget is 6k cause he need proper gpu card
and i said what about nvidia nf7050 motherboard chipest and he said nvidia are weaker and not support weaker ram means low ram basic like value ram

and he said u need heatspread ram for running stable and i was wtf cause he keep excuse to me :mad:

and also he gave me the best config msi 945 with pci-express and 8400 gs

total 5.5k that is total bs with nvidia 8400 gs cost 2.5k and msi 945 2k

and i got flight and some arguement and reject it and went to another shop

and final bought palit n73 with nvidia 8600 gt ddr3 zebronics brand total 6k from sethia infonet

the board cost 3k and gpu card 8600 gt 3k and final the arguement total lame

madnav said:

stick to your list.
yes that is true many shop keeper earn more profile for sell old EOL hardware stuff

cause even i notice the customer is buying ati 5850 and using zebronics platinum 700 watt at total 28 amps that is BS

and i try force the customer and avoid the cheaper psu due to poor efficacy and lose of power damage at overloading amps due poor efficacy below 50 %

and the customer feel it and he change his mind and bought corsair 450 vx and i finally thank god to him and also told him to let pray about your computer running stable at long gaming :)
@anfjavid

i guess it also same but i never trust that shop is earn profile too and fool customer where they have been ripped off

P.S i remember long back where my friend want to buy the gpu card for running all games to try something new also motherboard with pci-express too cause his old motherboard was intel duo 2 e4500 2.2 ghz with 945 chipest original one without pci-express

that why i ask him for nvidia 7050 board or G31 board

they said no stock on g31 board and g33 is available for 4k and his budget is 6k cause he need proper gpu card
and i said what about nvidia nf7050 motherboard chipest and he said nvidia are weaker and not support weaker ram means low ram basic like value ram

and he said u need heatspread ram for running stable and i was wtf cause he keep excuse to me :mad:
and also he gave me the best config msi 945 with pci-express and 8400 gs
total 5.5k that is total bs with nvidia 8400 gs cost 2.5k and msi 945 2k
and i got flight and some arguement and reject it and went to another shop
and final bought palit n73 with nvidia 8600 gt ddr3 zebronics brand total 6k from sethia infonet
the board cost 3k and gpu card 8600 gt 3k and final the arguement total lame

Back