Beware: Hitachi service support in Noida

Hi

I shifted recently to Noida and so got my Hitachi ac unit installed. I found that cooling is not at all working so called Hitachi guys for inspection.

They confirmed that its gas leak and will be fixed next day. After noting all the parts details and numbers I gave them my ac unit for repair.

Next day late evening I recieved my unit with

- 2 dents on the front (Bad)

- paint job on the radiator pipes (good)

They turned on the AC showed the working and went with 2.5k.

later when I switched off the ac unit and tried to turn it on; I found ac unit is not responding.

Again called customer support and same guys confirm the PCB is gone bad

- I checked the manufacturing unit of PCB 2007 but my unit was purchased in 2006.:S so they changed the PCB with out my knowledge and tried to charge me 2.5 for replacement (repaired not new) PCB :mad:

I refused to pay the same and highlighted this issue ....got a replacement but that also stop working after 12 hrs. Called them again n now I have got another repaired PCB, which is working from last 24 hrs...hoping it will work.

So, this is one of the trick by service guys to extract more money from customers. If you are giving ur ac unit for repair make sure to take the no. of PCB unit also....

Hitachi aircon are good products but this kind of service / support give a bad name to company!

Hitachi doesn't handle the customer support but has outsourced it to some lousy third party.

I have 3 2.0ton window a/c's in my house, thankfully never gave an issue in the past 2.5years.

Whenever I have to service them, I call a guy from the nearby market who does hitachi. These customer support guys have nothing special to offer.

It's the same case witha many of the consumer products.
As long as the product is under warranty, I call the service centre. Otherwise call some trustworthy local guy.
Be it with AC, oven, car, bike, water purifier etc.

Most SC guys just care for replacing the faulty part NOT the repair. u can see this very clearly in automobiles.

Back