Beware of Hathway DocSIS 3.0 50Mbps connection (Bangalore)

I have been using this so called high speed 50 mbps plan of hathway in mumbai. I believe its just pathetic. I don't get even more than 200 kbps download speed. However the speedtest result shows download speed of arround 40 mbps. upon complaining about the issue the technical person said that different sites and different bandwidth so the speed depends on site to site. I normally download videos from you tube where i get speed of just below 100 kbps. At times I feel that the speed on their previous low speed plans is more than this 50 mbps plan. I simply do not understand whats the problem. The technical team and customer service are the pathetic people.

Can any one here share some insight..

Thanks

Hell with Hathway. Same here @sabby. Having a really bad pathetic pita since past one month now with them. While severely suffered for past couple of months.
Yes their CC is terrible even more than any other in this world. They simply hangup the phone while they ask us to stay online while checking their hathways a$$.
Else you get reply that we have taken your complaint and a technician will visit you in 4-24hrs. Hell even spirits and witches arrive before time and their technicians are like rainy season which arrives once in a year.

More to add their CC isnt aware that the whole city is facing bandwidth shortage and instead they thank you for letting them know about it.

Their 50mbps? Hell again. Its only 45-50mbps you get that too when you do some time pass on net and rest in important times its below 10mbps or even in kbps. Their FUP is some FU PEE!

Even if the modem link light is good their page not found Login page spoils all our login plans. So using a Hathway is simply a war fighting each day.

I have already started bad mouthing about them and convincing many customers to move to a better isp.

Their twitter and fb is handled by Kids.

In fact i have all their peoples nos right from local technician to their network team router cofigurator idiot, all are son of b......!

My slogan, Hathway- just go AWAY!

Some recent hathway links from frustrated TE users....

https://www.techenclave.com/community/index.php?threads/175003/

https://www.techenclave.com/community/index.php?threads/174904/

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

@sabby and @onlinebuzz, agree with your judgements on the bandwidth. Im using Hathway for few weeks now. There were no concerns while installation, everything was quick and smooth. A thick cable connected a docsis 3 modem and a wifi router. Post installation (which happened within a day after inquiry) the tech guy connected to speedtest.net. The download speed was around 53 Mbps and upload around 4.5Mbps (cable connection). Later I started using wifi and was getting a speed of 30-40Mbps in speedtest.net

In the last few days, I noticed bandwidth dip (kind of a lag) while working. Usually I login to a client server and also have call over the net. There was severe lag in the server and the internet calls were dropping. With my internet experience I could sense a low bandwidth. Immediately I opened a few websites and it took some time to open them completely. I checked the speed again in speedtest.net and the download speed was showing 19Mbps. Somehow it was not convincing and I tried checking other sites like bandwidthplace.com, speedtest.net.in and att.com. The bandwidth measured among all the 3 was similar (not exactly same) i.e. shockingly 0.4 to 0.7 Mbps. I raised a complaint (no issues in CC)and I was suggested to check speed in speedtest.net. I informed to CC executive that it was around 19Mbps and in other sites it was 0.4 to 0.7 Mbps. CC executive communicated that there is no issue in the line and I can try restarting the modem. After half an hour the speed was restored to around 34Mbps in speedtest.net (wifi). The internet speed seemed pretty normal now. When I checked with the other 3 websites it was around 7-12 Mbps. This is sufficient for my day today work, provided it is stable, but the measurement in speedtest.net and the Hathway executives suggesting only speedtest.net is very suspicious. Will keep you informed on any other developments J

One more point: I converted my mobile internet to hot spot and then checked the speed in all the 4 websites (including speedtest.net). It’s a 3G network and the speed on all the 4 websites (including speedtest.net) was around 6-8 Mbps. Not sure why only for Hathway, speedtest.net results deviate.

Please share your thoughts....
Regards,

PS

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts- ditch Hathway. Its a game between kbps and mbps with levels of downtime, line issue and bandwidth.
Enjoy your game or try another game.

Back