Bhubaneswar!

Mr_funfuse

Disciple
Finally at 23 ; I'll be stepping out into the real world.

Got placed & I'll be moving out. First up i have my training out at Bhubaneshwar. Given that i haven't been out of mumbai a lot , can anyone who has(or is) been there give some information regarding the city. Hows the weather like ? Transportation ? Women ;-) , any gaming cafes ? General attitude of people there , language of communication ( hindi should do fine right ? or is it like chennai (no offence))
I've heard some horror stories regarding the crime rate. Will it be wise to get my psp along ;) ?

Oh any one who know's where is this place situated , how to reach from the airport , gets a cookie!:eek:hyeah:

Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology,
Deemed University, Campus 1
Bhubaneswar

Cheers!

Mr_funfuse said:
Finally at 23 ; I'll be stepping out into the real world.

Got placed & I'll be moving out. First up i have my training out at Bhubaneshwar. Given that i haven't been out of mumbai a lot , can anyone who has(or is) been there give some information regarding the city. Hows the weather like ? Transportation ? Women ;-) , any gaming cafes ? General attitude of people there , language of communication ( hindi should do fine right ? or is it like chennai (no offence))
I've heard some horror stories regarding the crime rate. Will it be wise to get my psp along ;) ?

Oh any one who know's where is this place situated , how to reach from the airport , gets a cookie!:eek:hyeah:

Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology,
Deemed University, Campus 1
Bhubaneswar

Cheers!

TCS rt???????????????????????????

Hey I am from BBSR.

It's a quiet and peaceful city. It's around 20KMs to TCS office from the airport which is placed in Infocity area. If you belong to Mumbai or any of the metros then you will find this city very placid. The cost of living is relatively low here, so also the traffic and other related problems. Infocity area is bit pricey b'cos of presence of IT offices. Roads are much wider and well laid out. A 2-BR room should be around 10k, in this area. Of late there has been increase in crime in this area, but nothing like the metros. There are virtually no gaming parlour in this area, unless you move into the town which should be around 5 -7 kms from Infocity.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hindi's fine. Almost everybody knows/speaks Hindi, with the accent of course. People are friendly and more on complacent side - more like 'Live and let live'. Some developed pockets like Infocity is slowly moving into big city attitude - 'live and let die'. Since it is a coastal area the climate is sultry. It is cooler from September till Feb. After that it is hotter. You get all variety of food and common to find dhabas near your place, though I don't like the food that much. For getting real taste of Dhabbas, one needs to move little away towards the highways.

Welcome to the Temple City!!

Back