PC Peripherals big 6600 + a7n266-vm agpgart problem.

stormblast

Skilled
as the topic says.

i am using big 6600 128mb agp with a7n266-vm (nforce1 with onboard gf2mx). processor is 1800xp.

i am having problems with random lockups & system hanging.

apparently there is some problem when i install the agpgart nforce drivers on the board & the system starts hanging in windows or in games. it sometimes hang b4 the welcome screen. on removing the agpgart it works fine but it is without agp accel & the performance is really slow. need a solution for this fast. i updated the bios to 1007 & still no luck.
using windows xpsp2. nvidia nforce 5.10, nvidia forceware 77.72.

Try using older nforce.
This is similar to what i experienced with NF4.
Of course yours is older nf1 but still exact same symptoms with NF4 6.53 drivers.
Try older Nf1 driver set.

funky:Hez using the 5.10 chipset drivers which are very stable.
storm:Get rid of the 77.72 display drivers ,they suck.Download the 77.50 from guru3d.com,they work well.77.72 used to cause lock-ups for me in nfsu:2 for no rhyme or reason.

i dont think u understand what i wrote undertaker. the problem is not with the display drivers. but it is some f***up with the gart drivers. it has happ to quite some ppl on the net also. nvidia has nothing to do with it.

ill try the older version of nforce drivers n check today.

through the nvidia properties page. I remember havin the option for 2x available on my old a7n-266vm. Bu tthat bight have been for older nvidia drivers

hey stormy ..... have faced the same problem ...try different drivers ...... for me it worked fine when i downgraded three or four revisions .....nvidia has all the revisions of drivers archived .

Back