Big Display!

sujai.shukla

Recruit
Little late as always. Been around 10 days since got this. First time got something this big for our room. Sadly could not afford a SmartTV at this point so looking for a small Tower to hook up to it to make it smart enough. Being a 46" even AirtelHD isn't enough for this boy! Looks nice and sounds awesome too! Better pics when i get over with unpacking and done Internet subscription!
Thanks for looking!!
Sujai

20131223_215345.jpg
20140102_192001.jpg
20140102_192032.jpg

Just my personal opinion, and I think that's what the OP means: even with a FHD display, I can see pixels on 46" and above screens. Maybe I am spoiled by the high resolutions on the tablets and mobiles, but just stating how it is.

And I find it unbearable on a 55". That is the main reason I have resisted going in for a 55". Happy with my 40" for now. Going to upgrade when 4K becomes reasonably priced with freely available content.

Just my personal opinion, and I think that's what the OP means: even with a FHD display, I can see pixels on 46" and above screens. Maybe I am spoiled by the high resolutions on the tablets and mobiles, but just stating how it is.

And I find it unbearable on a 55". That is the main reason I have resisted going in for a 55". Happy with my 40" for now. Going to upgrade when 4K becomes reasonably priced with freely available content.
But the hd content will look good only if the telecast is of good quality.
I have been using a 46" for 4 years and most of the hd channels look gorgeous on it and I have videocon d2h.
SD channels definitely look bad and stretched but that is expected.
A few channels (mostly Indian ones) look like upscaled but still much better than stretched SD content.

But the hd content will look good only if the telecast is of good quality.
I have been using a 46" for 4 years and most of the hd channels look gorgeous on it and I have videocon d2h.
SD channels definitely look bad and stretched but that is expected.
A few channels (mostly Indian ones) look like upscaled but still much better than stretched SD content.

Like I said, it might be because of having FHD screens on mobiles and tablets, but my eye now looks for pixels. I generally sit at a distance of 6 feet from my screen. At that distance, I can see pixels on a 46"/55".

That's just my opinion though. I don't face this issue when watching other video content stored on my PC, but can see this on the channels for sure. I've got Tata Sky and I know that the image will be sharper and more clearer with extra pixels than what it is right now.

Like I said, it might be because of having FHD screens on mobiles and tablets, but my eye now looks for pixels. I generally sit at a distance of 6 feet from my screen. At that distance, I can see pixels on a 46"/55".

That's just my opinion though. I don't face this issue when watching other video content stored on my PC, but can see this on the channels for sure. I've got Tata Sky and I know that the image will be sharper and more clearer with extra pixels than what it is right now.
Don't know about Airtel but Tata Sky uses 1080i for broadcasts and not 1080p, so obviously, there is scope for improvement in quality.

Don't know about Airtel but Tata Sky uses 1080i for broadcasts and not 1080p, so obviously, there is scope for improvement in quality.

I know that it's 1080i and not 1080p. I'm not talking strictly from a specification POV. Even 720p content from my PC sometimes looks better to me than 1080i channels. Obviously I have to be closer to see this on my 40" but it is evident on a 46" and even more so on a 55".

I know that it's 1080i and not 1080p. I'm not talking strictly from a specification POV. Even 720p content from my PC sometimes looks better to me than 1080i channels. Obviously I have to be closer to see this on my 40" but it is evident on a 46" and even more so on a 55".

+1.

Even 720p content looks better on my 51" plasma than the 1080i HD content. I have Airtel DTH.
I love watching football in HD, but a few weeks ago I missed a match and downloaded it in 720p to watch it. I was really surprised that the 720p recording of the match was far better than my Star Sports HD content. I believe this also depends on the quality our DTH providers are providing us with and I am seriously disappointed. If only I could stop watching live football, I would have no need for DTH.

the problem is not all cable connections are up to mark with being updated in terms of HD channels.
with DTH and MPEG4 compression used, the signal quality will be lower as compared to a 720p or 1080p web-dl content.

I have 51" Plasma and HD channels look beautiful when you are over 10ft away... As MY rule of thumb.. multiply TV size (Diagonal length) by 2 and you get the minimum distance in inches from where you can view the TV strain free...

I have 51" Plasma and HD channels look beautiful when you are over 10ft away... As MY rule of thumb.. multiply TV size (Diagonal length) by 2 and you get the minimum distance in inches from where you can view the TV strain free...

You and I have the same TV and trust me the quality of HD channels is good but still inferior to the 720p or 1080p content we can download and watch. All because of the compression technology used by the DTH service provider.

You and I have the same TV and trust me the quality of HD channels is good but still inferior to the 720p or 1080p content we can download and watch. All because of the compression technology used by the DTH service provider.

Yes, that's true because all my downloaded content almost always looks better than whatever is there on D2H.

You can go with the Edifier series with eyes closed like the S550 and the digital version of the same.
The only problem with Edifiers is there availability.

You can go with the Edifier series with eyes closed like the S550 and the digital version of the same.
The only problem with Edifiers is there availability.
hello, though Edifiers are available @ flipkart i would want to go for tower like structured speakers setup. any suggestions on that?

Back