Big in India - September 2011

So are all these bonuses available via any online pre order source or are there some specific participating retailers only, like in case of EA?

Actually, I feel pre-ordering PC games in India is kinda pointless. The games never release on time. Even the retailers have no idea when the game would release. Sometimes it is 1 week after the game is released everywhere else, sometimes 2 weeks. The publishers need to make sure that when a customer has pre-ordered for a game, he should have the copy of the game on the release day. Thats how it is, if you pre-order a game from Amazon in US.

Although, giving all these bonuses is good and all, but I would be happy if they give me an exact date at the time of pre-ordering and then stick to it.

pretttt said:
Actually, I feel pre-ordering in India is kinda pointless. The games never release on time. Even the retailers have no idea when the game would release. Sometimes it is 1 week after the game is released everywhere else, sometimes 2 weeks. The publishers need to make sure that when a customer has pre-ordered for a game, he should have the copy of the game on the release day. Thats how it is, if you pre-order a game from Amazon in US.

Although, giving all these bonuses is good and all, but I would be happy if they give me an exact date at the time of pre-ordering and then stick to it.

At least I have received all the pre-ordered copies well on time. The courier screwed it once due to the Diwali holidays. In fact, I was playing GOW 3 on the day it was released i.e. March 16th 2010! The problem here is with second party dealers like Letsbuy which do not seem to deal with distris. directly and instead rely on other retailers. I believe online retailers such as Flipkart, Intencity, Nextworld etc. get their respective copies well in advance provided distris. themselves get it and distribute it on time.

Retailers such as Landmark also stock the copies esp. the AAA titles and puts them on the shelves on the day of launch. I was told by a friend that Gears of War 3 had a queue lined up at the Inorbit Landmark outlet, Vashi on September 20th around 10 AM! :p

pretttt said:
Actually, I feel pre-ordering in India is kinda pointless. The games never release on time.

Incorrect. I received FIFA 12 on the 27th. And many of my friends in the UK and all received it on the 30th. ^^

pretttt said:
Actually, I feel pre-ordering in India is kinda pointless. The games never release on time. Even the retailers have no idea when the game would release. Sometimes it is 1 week after the game is released everywhere else, sometimes 2 weeks. The publishers need to make sure that when a customer has pre-ordered for a game, he should have the copy of the game on the release day. Thats how it is, if you pre-order a game from Amazon in US.

Which game have you not released on time? The past few major EA releases have been on time from major distributors. My copy of Crysis 2 was only delayed thanks to Bluedart.

i wonder why distri's here are not giving the same amount of importance to PC games ,all the aaa multi platform titles gets released on consoles only :mad: eg.RAGE

RD274 said:
Which game have you not released on time? The past few major EA releases have been on time from major distributors. My copy of Crysis 2 was only delayed thanks to Bluedart.
True.Maybe EA is better in this regard. But, last time I pre-ordered was Portal 2 from FlipKart. I called them on the day of release and they didnt even have any idea when they would be shipping it out. Infact, the call center guys told me that they themselves had not received the stock. I had similar experience when I had pre-ordered with Praashant/Intencity.

I'm not really blaming these dealers. They cant do anything if they themselves havent got the stock. Also, I'm talking PC versions here.

Gannu said:
At least I have received all the pre-ordered copies well on time. The courier screwed it once due to the Diwali holidays. In fact, I was playing GOW 3 on the day it was released i.e. March 16th 2010!

Street date was broken for GOW 3 and it was available in stores by 12th March 2010.I got my copy on 13th March.

dinjo said:
Street date was broken for GOW 3 and it was available in stores by 12th March 2010.I got my copy on 13th March.

Oh yeah I recall that. The copies were leaked and the distris. were forced to release it prior to the actual NA release date.

EDIT: Sorry to break it to you but you seem to have received your copy on the 16th! :bleh:

Checkmate!

Gannu said:
Now THAT must be making a difference here! Console titles seem to be hitting Indian shores well on time.

Oh.. ok. Didnt know this was PC specific. For the price that they sell the PC titles, I guess, I cant complain too much.

Still, the price-gap between PC and console games is also reducing now and not in the positive way.

true. I have ordered many pc games in this year and none i have received on the release date. They all reach in 2-3 days when the game is available with the distri themselves. This pretty much ruins the excitement and hype that is generated when the game releases.

I would be more than happy to buy the game from the local store(even if there is no discount) where the game is available on the day the distributors have rather than preordering and waiting for the courier to take 1-3 days more .

Plus the games which are multiplayer dont have any indian servers. Which again ruins the gaming scene in India. It will be dream come true if i get to play in a server with less than 50ms ping.

i don't get it ,are that many consoles sold here!!!! all the console games cost 2.5K a pop whereas PC version are almost a fraction of that,and seriously iam pretty darn sure that india has mainly PC gamers cuz you can build a kick ass pc for 20K rather than buying a fat ass console and big ass tv for the same.

and also EA has been the only Publisher who has bumped pricing for premium titles like NFS and BF3 iam pretty sure they will come down after release.if you see fifa 12 it cost only 999rs and with discount you can get it at much cheaper price.

even in a recent promotion from milestone you can get a free dlc code for batman arkham city and its only availlable for consoles not for the PC's :(

Gannu said:
Oh yeah I recall that. The copies were leaked and the distris. were forced to release it prior to the actual NA release date.

EDIT: Sorry to break it to you but you seem to have received your copy on the 16th! :bleh:

Checkmate!

That was my copy till that time i was playing on my friends console.:hap5:

Back