PC Peripherals Big Palm Grip Mouse with Side Buttons and good scroll (Alternative to Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless)

rr9

Disciple
I am fed up with the scroll issues as documented here : https://techenclave.com/threads/scr...ed-wireless-gaming-mouse-rma-and-more.214727/
Alternative to Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Mouse

Any alternatives that are recommended? I need a mouse with configurable buttons and it should be big for palm grip. Wireless.
Would like to spend as little as possible (around 4 k for a long lasting one) but with a good build quality.
Gaming features are not that important. I use my Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed at sub 2000 dpi. (1700 to 1800)
I was this close to getting a MX Master 2S but did not proceed due to the super cramped side buttons and the micro-usb port.

1689775150556.png
1689774964013.png

"Frendship with razer ended, now friends with logi"

I would recommend against that as well, due to their well known double clicking issue (Though AFAIK Master series aren't as widely affected as their gaming counterparts).

Despite the hatred for Razer, have you considered Naga? Though it is more expensive.

Just a small heads up if you decide on the MX Master 2S. If you use a high refresh rate display, the mouse pointer will not feel as smooth as a gaming mouse. This is due to the low polling rate in the 2S (125Hz in the best-case scenario). You won't notice any difference if your display refresh rate is below this. Personally, I could feel the difference on 165Hz panels.

@rr9 @panther Whichever mouse you buy, make sure it only has optical switches. Cheap mechanical switches are usually responsible for issues with clicking or scrolling.
I would strongly recommend against the Logitech G502 X though, which is supposed to have optical switches. I purchased a wireless one and the left/right clicks started developing problems within a month. They would stop responding after an hour of use. Few days later they stopped responding completely. I am waiting for a suitable day to go to the service center to get it replaced as it is too far from my home.

I am so furious at Logitech. Everything I bought from them developed issues very soon. A lot of them were expensive mice and keyboards.

Wired or wireless?

And yeah, I have spent god knows how much on Logitech mice before finally buying Cooler Master MM720, which I bought another as a spare. That's how much I like it.
Wireless, but not the RGB one. I like how it fits in my hand and the strong clicks, but goddamn Logitech can't make a reliable mouse.

Wired or wireless?

And yeah, I have spent god knows how much on Logitech mice before finally buying Cooler Master MM720, which I bought another as a spare. That's how much I like it.

is the 712 close to the 720 ??
I see it has the side buttons I need. Yet to check if it is big enough. The ergonomic design of the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless has spoit me.

1689791139312.png

is the 712 close to the 720 ??
I see it has the side buttons I need. Yet to check if it is big enough. The ergonomic design of the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless has spoit me.

View attachment 173226
No idea if its same as MM712 when it comes to internal component.

But the MM720 is smaller than most gaming mice, on the other hand it has a groove for ring finger which makes it somewhat wider. Initially, I didn't know if I would get used to it but I thought to give it a shot and now I don't think I will ever buy a mouse without additional space.

Logitech M720 Triathlon. Replaced my double clicking G502 for me, and I don't miss any of the buttons either. I have a palm grip and it's more than comfortable for it. Excellent all purposeouse and good for non competitive gaming as well.

I got my hands on a roccat kone air. The most comfortable mouse i've ever used. Would be perfect to recommend but it's not available in this country unfortunately. The Coolermaster 712 looks promising tho.

I would strongly recommend against the Logitech G502 X though, which is supposed to have optical switches. I purchased a wireless one and the left/right clicks started developing problems within a month. They would stop responding after an hour of use. Few days later they stopped responding completely. I am waiting for a suitable day to go to the service center to get it replaced as it is too far from my home.

I am so furious at Logitech. Everything I bought from them developed issues very soon. A lot of them were expensive mice and keyboards.
Ditto. I’ve tried logitech’s product stack top to bottom in the past 5-6 years and they’ve all developed the double click issue in just over a year. I have no clue what they’re doing over there.

Ditto. I’ve tried logitech’s product stack top to bottom in the past 5-6 years and they’ve all developed the double click issue in just over a year. I have no clue what they’re doing over there.
Are you talking about both the G series or the MX Master series?

Back