Car & Bike Bike for Looks and Mileage - 40k to 70k OTR - My first bike !

This variable price range is because its my first bike and my first time i'll take a loan (probably through my company wih 2% interest reduced) , so i would prefer a cheaper bike but anyways i have extended my budget to 70k max OTR .

First of all I'm a total bike noob , I have just an experience of 5 days with suzuki max 100 that too 7 years ago .

I'm craving for looks and mileage !

What is your budget?
Variable
40k to around 70k

Your height & body build (lean/medium/heavy).
lean-medium , 5'7 , 58kgs , 24years old

Looking for 100cc or 125cc or 150cc or >200cc?

Any

How many KMs do you travel everyday?
7-10 KM

How do you intend to travel most of the times- Alone or with pillion?
50/50

Looking for Naked/Semi faired or faired bikes?
Doesn't matter , looking for great looks and mileage !!

Do you have preference to a certain brand or interested in any specific bike?
Nope

What do you want most out of your bike? (Mileage/Power).
Mileage

Your place of stay and where you intend to buy it.
Murugeshpalya , Bangalore

What bikes have you owned in the past?
None

How long do you intend to keep the bike?
At least 2 years

Hi, Mahindra bike pantero has long and comfortable seat. Mileage Under Standard Test Conditions (ARAI) 79.5 km per litre. MCi5 (Micro Chip Ignited-5 curve)engine.Remote 128-bit encrypted flip-key with LED lights.Central locking system Anti-theft system with an engine immobiliser. I know only this much, for more details you can contact to my brother or any automobile showroom for test ride. thanks

Attachments

• upload_2013-8-13_23-19-50.png
    upload_2013-8-13_23-19-50.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 122
Id suggest 5 bikes based on the average mileage being 50km/l as for looks in this competitive market they are alright i suppose
Bajaj pulsar 150, suzuki gs150r, yamaha sz-r , honda cb unicorn , hero motocorps Hunk

go for a few test rides .. whats the harm .. and make sure when you slect the bike above all else.. look for comfort .. coz i ride an avenger 20-25 km on a daily basis .. trust me it matters!!
Best of luck on your purchase ... and i hope my advice helps
Regards ^^

What would people say about Duke.

Nephew took me for a ride on this one and the pickup is fantastic :D

Does not wake up the neighbourhood either. Looks wise its nice, price wise no idea.

Lol its the difference between the "k" and the "L" that matters ... if that didnt hed Might as well go for a ride made out of silver and gold .. just a thought .. then again wouldnt be as durable Lol

Does it ? Only if you need one right away.

Just save up and get the better one.

Was surprised you could even get a bike like duke in India.

@OP Extend your budget and get Yamaha FZ or FZ-S.

Except average and high end torgue it is a very good bike. Have a look.

considering pulsar 135ls , took a test ride of my friend's bike and for a noobie like me , it was easy to handle ..
what are your views regarding pulsar 135ls ?? (considering it is priced at 71.5 all inclusive) ..

I'm craving for looks and mileage !

What is your budget?
Variable
40k to around 70k

How many KMs do you travel everyday?
7-10 KM

Yamaha FZ series is recommended. Though mileage is li'l downside compared to other 150cc bikes (not a huge difference) - but by looks and power+handling - its one of the best bike in current market. Comes for ~75K/~79K : FZ-S/Fazer.

Want to (can) extend budget till 100K - go for Pulsar 200NS.
Or want a cheaper bike, go for any Honda - there's hardly a thing that can go wrong with a Honda. :p

Back