Car & Bike Bike for someone who knows nothing about bikes

Skill comes ONLY with experience. Before that experience is developed, you are best suited with a bike that won’t severely punish you for minor mistakes. Do consider Arun1's advice (TVS Jive is a very good bike) or any other 100-125cc sporty looking bike, at max Pulsar 135. Also mention your height and weight.

I wud advise u to buy honda dazzler... It looks great plus it has great refined engine which produces less noise and it has a mono shockup which works great... I myself have a unicorn and i just love it... I wudn't advice u to buy any bajaj bike coz bajaj uses cheap quality engine in its bikes which starts giving proplem after one year... This is coming from a person who used to ride a bajaj pulsar bike. Honda produces great maintainence free bikes... Dazzler has sporty look and the footrest is a bit behind like Karizma... So wen u will ride this bike u wud feel like u r riding a sports bike and last but not least a common man question "kitna deti hai?"... Well u will get 50kmpl on highway and in city expect the mileage to be around 45 which is not bad... Company says dat it will give 60kmpl to 65 but take that numbers wid a grain of salt coz in real life u hardly get 60kmpl... IMO JUST BUY DAZZLER...

chiron said:
Got the GS150R today; height doesn't seem to be a problem. Hopefully I will get used to driving it in a week or so :D
That's a great bike you've got there. The best 150cc bike according to me :) Also the majority of members on xBhp would agree.

I did not know how to ride a bike when I went for my Unicon. I practiced for a week and I was in tune with the machine, now after 3 years I can say that it is pretty much an extension of my body. It does what I think.

Go for it, Unicon is one helluva bike, never lets you down. Great for daily commute or an occasional long drive. But on long drives you WILL feel the pain of not having a 6th gear and the seating position is bad for 4 + hour rides. But for occasional long drives, its perfect.

I've got about 800kms on the bike and 1st service is done. The rear wheel drum seem to get hot(~60-70 deg) after riding about 10kms and the heat spreads outward is that normal for this bike? I keep my feet lightly over the rear break pedal... could that be causing friction on the wheel and causing it to heat up?

^ Just take it to the closest service centre, call for a friendly mechanic and get his feedback on the issue. :)

He'd be working with GS150Rs day in and day out, so he'll tell you what's normal and what's now.

Back