Car & Bike [Bike Ride] Best Route from Borivali (Mumbai) to Pune

raksrules

Elite
Next weekend, i need to get my bike from my home in Borivali (Mumbai) to Pune. Which will be the best route ???
I plan to leave on 27th December sunday afternoon.

from google maps.

from: Borivali West, Mumbai, Mumbai suburban, Maharashtra to: pune - Google Maps

the best way out of mumbai will be via mira road-ghodbunder road-thane-panvel route.
alternatively you can go via bandra-dharavi-sion-vashi bridge route. traffic may be slightly more than the first route especially between dharavi-sion depending on time of travel.

since you are going by a bike, the mumbai-pune expressway shown in the map above will be off limits.
you will have to go by NH4 which runs almost parallel to the expressway.

Take this route:

Borivali - Goregaon - Arrey Colony - Powai - Mankhurd - Vashi - Panvel

Before you reach Panvel, you'll need to be on NH4 and not take the expressway. The NH4 route will be sticking to the left, at the point where expressway starts. Keep a lookout for road signs. Just below it is a very big circle. Take the most extreme right, which is the Panvel Bypass (which continues towards JNPT, Uran). At the end of that road is a T junction, where right is Uran, left is NH4/Pune. Take a left.

Then, Panvel - Khopoli

After Khopoli, half the ghat ascent is on a one-way 2 lane road. After this, the road you are on (Nh4) joins the expressway, so, part of khandala ghat climb with be on the expressway (bikes are allowed here and its the only way up).

Further, as you approach Lonavala, there's a big tunnel and a straight road after that, and a left where you'll find NH4 exit to Pune. You have to take this exit.. DONT proceed straight at this point.

Here, you'll be back on Nh4, .. and its Nh4 all the way to Pune from here.

Gannu said:
Hey, you're already back from China! Welcome back. :D

Thanks Buddy...yeah me back from chinki land. The experience was just awesome and mind blowing.

pr0ing said:
from google maps.

from: Borivali West, Mumbai, Mumbai suburban, Maharashtra to: pune - Google Maps

the best way out of mumbai will be via mira road-ghodbunder road-thane-panvel route.

alternatively you can go via bandra-dharavi-sion-vashi bridge route. traffic may be slightly more than the first route especially between dharavi-sion depending on time of travel.

since you are going by a bike, the mumbai-pune expressway shown in the map above will be off limits.

you will have to go by NH4 which runs almost parallel to the expressway.

HydroXidE said:
Take this route:

Before you reach Panvel, you'll need to be on NH4 and not take the expressway. The NH4 route will be sticking to the left, at the point where expressway starts. Keep a lookout for road signs. Just below it is a very big circle. Take the most extreme right, which is the Panvel Bypass (which continues towards JNPT, Uran). At the end of that road is a T junction, where right is Uran, left is NH4/Pune. Take a left.

Then, Panvel - Khopoli

After Khopoli, half the ghat ascent is on a one-way 2 lane road. After this, the road you are on (Nh4) joins the expressway, so, part of khandala ghat climb with be on the expressway (bikes are allowed here and its the only way up).

Further, as you approach Lonavala, there's a big tunnel and a straight road after that, and a left where you'll find NH4 exit to Pune. You have to take this exit.. DONT proceed straight at this point.

Here, you'll be back on Nh4, .. and its Nh4 all the way to Pune from here.

godsp33d said:
borivili- thane - panvel - pune (via old highway)

Thanks for the detailed directions all. I think i will take prinout of this thread :p

Moreover Bikes are not allowed on Expressway. Only allowed in a part near Lonavala

@Hydroxide

I came through the same route as you have suggested (but forgot :ashamed: ) but i had not aimed for that route rather, i happen to find that route, also while coming from Pune i took the side of Thane where on left over flyover we go to Vashi and right to Thane.

HydroXidE said:
Take this route:

Yes considering its a weekend the Aarey road or JVLR is also a good alternative.
Just make sure u take a googlemap print of the route.

Back