Car & Bike bike trasport service suggestions

freelancer

Disciple
I need to transport my ducati 959 fron bengaluru to bhilai (chhattisgarh). i dont want to add unnecessary milage on bike hence want it transported. I have never personally transported a bike before but have heard horror stories from other bikers. recently a jaguar sold here was shipped across states. so my question is, is it safe to transport bike by roads and is it expensive ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I need to transport my ducati 959 fron bengaluru to bhilai (chhattisgarh). i dont want to add unnecessary milage on bike hence want it transported. I have never personally transported a bike before but have heard horror stories from other bikers. recently a jaguar sold here was shipped across states. so my question is, is it safe to transport bike by roads and is it expensive ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My bike was damaged everytime I put it on a truck/train: these guys don't know how to care for bikes. They also dump other luggage on top of it to be able to carry more goods. And the person driving the truck has to drive carefully as well. Imagine what must have happened if the bike's fork seals ended up leaking. Damage from a fall is understandable/inevitable, but damage while it is not even being ridden feels so wrong.

Since then the only times I've transported my bike is when the battery died (I was still accompanying it)/crashed on the track.

Riding it yourself is the safest way + you get to enjoy the ride. Else find someone you trust to ride it.

My brother shipped his scooter from Bangalore to Mangalore (in 2021 during lock down period) using the cage carrier from VRL. Only issue is he had was that he had to empty the fuel tank on loading and carry extra fuel on pickup. Also note, carry some change of Rs.50 x no of people unloading to pay as unloading charges. Cost will vary depending on bike and size of cage too. Read this article for reference on packing and experience:

Well, I have used the Indian Railways for transporting the bike a few times. There are a few things that you need to consider before you take on that adventure:
Firstyl, yes, most of the horror stories that you have heard are probably true (misplacing vehicles, only to find them at another station/ dumping other cargo on top /damages).
You need to make sure that there are direct trains between stations you want to transport otherwise it will just add point where things can go wrong while loading and unloading and even misplacing it (yes, it still is a common occurance).
While transporting your bike, it is you and you alone who is responsible for packaging and proofing your bike so use as much bubble wrap and other packaging material to ensure safety.
You need to time booking of cargo so that you can ensure your presence at the platform when the vehicle is being loaded so that you know where its kept and in what condition (you may need to bribe a little here).
Yes, fuel tank should be empty.
Remember to get transport insurance (available at the time of booking).
Collect the bike as soon as possible at the destination station or be there when it's being unloaded (just to add a safeguard).
Before collecting the bike, remember your bike does not have fuel, arrange for it. Remove all packaging before signing anything off so that you can apply for a claim in case of damages.
Thank the gods for receiving it without any damage (if you are lucky). It is a task to get your beloved bike transported through railways and hence, I have started riding it myself to the destination no matter the distances. Although I can understand why you would want to transport yours, remember there are risks attached to it, some may be mitigated but for others, you will have to assess if you are willing to take such risks.
You may chose to take bike transport cage or packaging (wood containers) as mentioned in the blog attached above.

Back