CPU/Mobo biostar 790gx A3+ problem

hi i just got a biostar 790gx a3+ mobo with 550be cpu and gskill 2gb ddr3 1333 ram. everything went fine with hardware installation, even the windows installation was done without much problem but when i tried to install chipset drivers the system rebooted and now it doesnt boot to windows, windows logo screen comes and then its totally black. i can boot it in safe mode alright. i tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them but it didnt solve the problem either. so any clues to whats happening?

its a display driver problem right there - did u try downloading new/updated drivers from the chipset manufacturer website and try installing them ?

i had a similar issue with my biostar 790GXBE motherboard.

Make sure you have the correct setting for RAM in bios. For me, i used an DDR2-800 ram and in auto mode, bios choose settings for DDR2-1066.

Also, make sure that you install the latest version of Bios and ATI drivers.

(while installing the bios, do it from the bios screen itself and dont use the windows tool for that)

already updated bios to modded 78DAA629. now dloading drivers from biostar site, will also dload catalyst software suite 9.10, and display drivers that techmind gave the link to, will report tomorrow morning as the pc is in the office.

Most probably an issue in bios....ram could be the main cause. Pl. Check timings as well as speed. Secondly run as dual core and check.

joyceanblue said:
for unlocking or for booting issue?

i was able to unlock.. but booting into windows caused BSOD.
Better try with an unmodded bios first. And if it is working, try with an older version of the bios which is modded.

tried new display drivers and didnt work, ill rma today, its easier to rma as im going to nehru place anyway and smc doesnt give trouble with rma.

didnt get the time to rma today. but tried latest bios update, selecting ram speed etc. but no luck. so tomorrow board is gonna go.

Back