Black-hawk, will you be mine?

It has been 38 days since I first laid eyes on her. I drove down to Somwar Peth (yes that's a place in Pune) to meet her, nervous all the way, sweaty palms sliding over the old steering wheel, a check on my deo every once in a while. The person who'd set up our meeting said she was eager to see me too, she had just had her shower and was looking her prettiest with a slight wetlook.

As I turned into the lane, I saw her...it could only be her. Jetblack metal, gleaming alloys, red callipers and the swagger of someone who owns the road. She headed off into the distance to my dismay while I parked my steady love for 8 years - the Alpine blue Indica you see in the background in the shot. One last shot of deo before I got down to meet her.

My first date with my future partner. *My* Labrador Black Cedia Sports.

The owner told me his son (Mr. H) was just taking her for a spin and it would be mine to have fun with in just a short while. I was offered chai-coffee which I promtly declined - all I wanted was her. She returned from the spin, and I saw her face for the first time. Her striking sharp features will take your breath away every time you look at her. The smoked reflectors look more purposeful than any projectors on the highest end cars, the bumper looks ready to take on the world, the ridge along the centre of the bonnet lends character and the triangular grill with the triple diamond on top finishes off the boldest statement on the sportiest sedan this side of the Evo X - atleast in India. The razor-sharp front flows onto the sides which, though flat, are set off wonderfully by the curvy roofline and the aggressive side-skirts. Your eyes are then pulled towards one of the sexiest rears in the business, the stunning tapering clear tail-lamps set in a bootlid which curves upwards towards the subtle spoiler.

She is sexy and understated at the same time. And you know she can be garish and loud if she wants to be (Fast and the Furious anyone?). She, then, is truly a girl for every occassion. On the outside atleast.

It was then time for me to get intimate with her, experience how she behaves when ridden, properly. Mr.H handed me the keys and I promptly took position in the driver's seat. Everything just fell into place, my left hand automatically rested on her smooth leather clad gear-shift while my right caressed the curves on her steering wheel. I slipped the key into her ignition and with just one short twist, she was turned on. No drama, no ungainly cranks, just a smooth idle just begging to be taken onto the open road.

We drove out of the busy city centre and found some back roads to really unleash her wild side. A few quick turns later, I was facing the horizon with no traffic and nothing to disturb us. This was no time for smooth foreplay, I stomped her accelerator and she reared into life, first gear was disposed off at 40kmph, and 80kmph disappeared in 2nd gear, she was sounding orgasmic at this point. The cry of all her 2-liters, 4 cylinders and 16 valves had reached a goose-bumping crescendo. I saw the needle climbing up towards 5k rpms in 3rd gear while we were far past the ton but then I could also see the unwelcome rear ends of her poorer cousins get nearer. Such is city life, only one short burst of euphoria at a time. Each climactic moment lasting not more than 3-4 mins before the brakes are called upon.

And what brakes these are. I spared no mercy when I stomped down hard on the pedal, all four discs, ABS and EBD sprung into life to make everything seem so mundane. Coming down to 20kmph from 120+ was undramatic and almost akin to being thrown back to reality. Back in the real world, I threw her into 3rd gear at 30kmph to see how she'd cope with the vagaries of traffic. This lass had it all, not only did she surprise me with all her torque ensuring minimal gearshifts (40kmph in topgear is a breeze!) but she also totally caught me off the rocker with her ridiculously low turning radius (4.9m); not only was she raw and savage but also quite nimble!

After what seemed like a roller-coaster ride of an hour, I grudgingly parked her beside my Alpine blue baby. It was time to reflect on this beauty in my hands. As I looked out the panoramic windscreen, my eyes were drawn to the carbon-fibre dash and the many small touches of titanium in the dash. Each little bit not distracting from the overall experience of what this car was - pure driving pleasure. I was reminded of the ad campaign for her - No Parking; how true!

I got into my Indica, started her and drove away. Knowing very well that I'd met the love of my life. We were meant to be. She was mine.

41 days later, she is going to be mine. On Thursday, July 16th this beauty will come home with me. To spend the most of the rest of our lives together.

The Mitsubishi Cedia Sports. My first car. Very very soon. :)

Waiting,
Joseph

3718289794_e6ac855006_o.jpg

Statutory Warning: Car enthusiasts will not appreciate the superlatives used in the above paragraph. But as an enthusiast, you'll relate to the meaning of first love. Head over heels.

PS: Yes, the Great Driving Challenge is just a coincidence. But it would be very very helpful if you guys could vote for Namrata and Me, and write a testimonial too. :)

PPS: Should I name her Black-hawk? :D

(Specs, details to follow after I get delivery of the car. :))

-D.Payne- said:
nervous all the way, sweaty palms sliding over the old steering wheel, a check on my deo every once in a while. The person who'd set up our meeting said she was eager to see me too, she had just had her shower and was looking her prettiest with a slight wetlook.

As I turned into the lane, I saw her...it could only be her. Jetblack metal, gleaming alloys, red callipers and the swagger of someone who owns the road. She headed off into the distance to my dismay while I parked my steady love for 8 years - the Alpine blue Indica you see in the background in the shot. One last shot of deo before I got down to meet her.

:rofl: :rofl: You sir, need professional help !! :bleh:

But, I understand... and I congratulate you on your new love. Now how about putting that Alpha DSLR you have lying around, to some good use and give us some hot shots of this hottie? :)

Cedia never looked better in any pictures to me than the one above! The first time I'm appreciating it! Definitely looks hot hot!

Congratulations bro!! And I voted. :)

first things first Congrats. No superlatives are enough for this beauty for sure.

secondly, Pune? please tell me that you shifted base. If yes thats a w0000t. (thanks to you I was able to capture first moments of my infant with a bounced flash).

i wish you all the very best in your quest!

i'm sure you and your machine will rule the roads. dont forget to take it out on the mumbai-pune expressway for a full throttle run.

i had my eyes on this beauty too, but my dad was bankrolling the car, and (un)fortunately he decided on the Honda Civic 1.8V MT.

but Cedia is still my favourite.

congratulations and all the best!

@udayrulz: Thanks a ton!
@cyrux: Feminine cars are never bad. ;) Remember Eleanor? Plus, do you really want to say "I drive a man!" :D
@Gowt1ham: The new Lancer will cost an unholy amount when launched! Not enough moolah!
@pappu: The wait is for stupid banking issues to be sorted out.
@iGo: I always needed professional help! :D Photos are guaranteed, once I get her!
@Gurpratap Singh: Thank you so much for the vote! :)
@Sudarshan: Thanks!
@sarang: Yes, I'm in Pune! Shifted here indeed. Would love to meet up sometime and give you beautiful shots of the little one. :D
@Rahulrulez: Thanks dude!
@thebanik: :p Hehe, thanks.
@Gannu: That is a nice car!
@phoenix: Mum-Pune expressway is a given, I've driven the nuts off my Indica on that road so many times. But I find the NH4 more engaging and lively!
@Amaresh: Thanks!
@manuvikram: Thanks!
@viralbug: Wil try not too! :p

@Bladey: Damages are a shade above 5 big ones. She's 3 years and 3 months old and has 31k kms on her. :)

Thanks everyone! We're reaching the final stages of the Great Driving Challenge. Please do put in a vote or a testimonial for me. If we don't make it also, great shots of this beauty are promised!

Cheers!
Payne

Back