Black-hawk, will you be mine?

Wonderful writing. Do you have your own blog? Can you PM me the link please? It'd be a pleasure to read your typed word...

Congratulations on the black amby :p

( BTW Chaos has a pink amby sports too :lol: and we all love it :D )

One of the most under rated cars on Indian roads. I have the silver one and it pperforms like a dream..Its as comfortable on the highway as it is in the city, you an potter around the whole day on 3rd gear at 30kmh without any knocking, and even at this speed, press the accelerator and it immediately wakes up. The start up engine sound is mind blowing to say the least...and its got a nice growl when pushed above 3k rpm...but please do not think that this car will give u top milage in the city. The best I have got till date is 10, but then thats not bad for a non turbo, 2 ltr engine.....

have fun and welcome to the cedia club.

^^I agree with you on that, the best car i have driven aside from a beemer. Very flexible engine, got loads of torque and a lot more driveable in city compared to the civic. And 10 in the city for a 1.3 ton car with a 2 liter engine is quite good

The journey begins!

:)

Okay. So today was the DAY! Picked up the Blackhawk, all paperwork done. Insurance done. Got out of the busy city centre and drove down to Baner only to get completely stuck in a jam due to some issue near Aundh. Trudged along till the road opened up.

Wow. I'll say it again and again, the torque in this machine is to die for. Flat torque available at every rev, with 2nd and 3rd gears being the most fun of the lot! (Yet to step into 4th properly, highest hit was only just above a ton before traffic came up). The astounding brakes which cause no drama whatsoever and that great handling feel when you throw the car into a corner at 90kmph is something to experience to believe. Overtaking cars is so easy, its silly - point, push on pedal and you're done. Very very much in love still. :)

Yes, 1st gear is a bit slow but the fun really starts after 40kmph in this car. The new Michelin PP2 are silent and full of grip as well. Am lovin' it!

And the best thing of all - the looks this beauty got from the people who cared to look. :D

And without further ado, here are the shots.

The journey begins!
3733026656_df8934c568.jpg

Turn me on!
3732201269_573c97d3d8_b.jpg
\

Posing for the paparazzi!
3732998508_a924cb937a_b.jpg

Blackhawk in the dead of night
3732997952_ac0bef6ed3_b.jpg

MUCH better shots will be taken tomorrow morning, sorry for the night shots. :D

Cheers!
Payne

Heh so finally you have it with you. Congrats :). Mine just hit 30k a while ago and is still as good as new other than a few odd rattles that creep up when going on bad terrain. The only Achilles heel of this car is the clutch and try not to ride it at all. Because of all the torque, there are many cases when the clutch gives up at ~40-50k km. Also if the previous owner hasn't had the brake pads replaced, get those replaced soon. My rears wore out at 28k. The fronts still have some life left. This is quite strange as typically the fronts wear out before the rears. Also make sure the coolant, brake oil, gear oil and air filter were replaced by the previous owner. Else you'd wanna get that done too. Incidentally I'm dumping my PP2s next month and getting Advan Neova.

Have fun with your car!

@viralbug: Thanks! :D

@bottle: Thanks, am already having lotsa fun as will be shown in the photos to come!

@SidhuPunjab: Thanks!

@Gannu: Drool-worthy it is!

@Chaos: Previous owner had all oils replaced at 30,800kms. Brake pads and sparks replaced at same time. I agree about the clutch riding bit, have heard of it elsewhere as well. But this beauty has sooo much torque the clutch usage is minimised! It has already done 220kms in my hands so far! :D This for a guy who walks to office! The Michelins are only 3000kms done to day, so I guess they still have a looot of life left in them. Initial ownership experience has been fairly awesome!

BUT, there are a lot of minor issues which I've noted down and continue to note while using the car. Will get all these done through Mitsu Dealer itself.

These are:

1. Focussing of lights (very very weak and spread out lights!). I don't mind plonking for a brand new pair of bulbs. Do you recommend the Philips Extremepower?
2. HVAC therostat has gone out of wack, it onlys cools the hell out of the cabin. Need to fix it.
3. Rear defogger has conked, need to bring it back to life.
4. Need a clock in this thing, the 2006 Cedia Sports did not come with the digital clock while the Elegance had it. :|
5. Need transparent mats for the monsoons!
6. Are the power windows usually so slow in operation? They seem very sluggish!

Will get the car polished, detailed for both exteriors and interiors sometime in this month or the next - when the rains come down!

For the rest of y'all, here are some photos from the drive to Tiger Hill, Kamshet, 75kms from Pune!

Neighbour's envy
3743786574_3cfc8a50b4.jpg

The wetlook - Part II
3742993043_ebd246739d.jpg

Spoiled silly!
3743584676_218428dc73.jpg

Dark storms approaching
3743487174_5629f6bfcd.jpg

The mountains, the clouds and the dirty car
3744585163_aeff3f61f8.jpg

Rear ending
3744588881_6df1331916.jpg