Graphic Cards black or white flickering lines while browsing after installing hd 5670

My friend recently bought a HD 5670.He has a cheap standard 450w power supply that came with the cabinet.Didn't bother to change it.

The problem is he experiences while or black wierd lines that appear while he is browsing with chrome or FF or sometimes with win explorer.These lines appear only while scrolling from top to bottom very fast.There were no problems when he was using the integrated gfx.Is there any fix for this.Is the psu which is causing the problem.One more thing I observed is that the psu and cpu fan vibrate and cause the whole cabby to vibrate and the black lines are more then.

TIA

i think you might have not seated the gfx card properly in the slot...check again and also check the dvi/hdmi or whatever connector you use for connecting gfx card output to monitor and see if its loose or not....

and by the vibrating i think you might just have a vad capacitor on gfx card which might be going to die off....check your card on some other system too and if its under warranty send it for rma...

found a temp solution.disabled windows aero and kept it running for a long time.did not notice any lines (flicker). so it might be an issue with the drivers ? Will a fresh instal of Win 7 help?

Back