Blackberry Connect on Windows Mobile 5

Niks

Disciple
I was wondering if any of you have tried installing and using Blackberry Connect on a Windows Mobile PPC... I installed Connect 4.0 on my O2 Atom Exec recently and put in my Blackberry Internet Service enabled SIM.. It all worked fine, the registering with blackberry, getting the pin, setting up my Blackberry account and mails were getting pushed to my Outlook inbox (the connect software creates a separate folder in pocket outlook where all the mails arrive)..

But I encountered one problem though.. I noticed that my Wi-Fi connection was not getting recognised while trying to browse.. The Wi-Fi connection was getting established for sure when it was enabled, coz it was showing my home Wi-Fi's name n connection in the Wi-Fi utility.. But no browsing was being allowed on the Wi-Fi connection.. But when I uninstalled the Blackberry Connect software everything was back to normal and worked fine..

Any PPC gurus here who could help me out with this?

its k.. i figured it out.. just had to edit Wi-Fi settings to show that Wi-Fi adapter connects to 'The Internet' (by default it was set to connects to 'My Work VPN')..

WM5 detects that Blackberry Connect & GPRS are the main data carriers otherwise..

So based on what you've seen, did Blackberry Connect change the WiFi adapter settings from "The Internet" to "My Work"???

I've used BBC in the past... never had tht happen to me. What version you using?

nope it dint.. WiFi was earlier also set to 'My Work'...

what happened is b4 i installed BB Connect the browsing used to happen on the WiFi network whenever it was connected .. But strangely after installing BBC it dint, although the Wifi utility showed it was connected.. Later when I changed it to 'The Internet' it started working...
What device and Windows Mobile version did u install BBC on? and which ver of BBC (mine was 4.0)..

Also did u try BBC on a approved BlackBerry device (approved by RIM)? Coz the Atom Exec is not approved by RIM to run Blackberry Connect and nor is my Dad's HTC TyTn.. But strangely while BBC worked on my atom exec the same dint happen on my dad's Tytn.. It refused to register and get the PIN...

PS : Although i do have a separate Blackberry device I was sorta getting bugged with carrying both around.. But BB Connect just doesnt offer the same great functionality as a dedicated BlackBerry device..!!! Whats ur experience?

I have Atom Exec and have a BB client version 4.0.0.103 and windows mobile 6.0 professional.

My BB connection is not working.

Please advsie what should I do to make it work on my XDA Atom exec.

Back