Blackberry Mobile Phone Thread

mjumrani said:
Its nothing special

It is considering its a Blackberry.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

lida said:
Why dont u take it to a repair store close by...

Because I took the trackball out and broke it out of frustration :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cisco_tech said:
You can also order it from berrynxt. They have almost all the parts for bb. And you get next day delivery. They have shop on ebay.in too.

Got recently trackball for 250 rs.

Yeah but on DX I got it for 1.5$ and I have an excuse for living in peace for a week or so ;)

Long overdure thread, been using a BB for a while now. Had the Bold 9000, currently using a Torch and saving for the 9900 :p

I can't join the group, says invite expired.

Yes. Curve 9360 launching on T-Mobile on 14th September. Ammm reviews are good. but little sluggish on OS7 as Proccy is 800 Mhz.

But best bet for entry level Os7 Device. Should be around 14K in india.

Is the bold 3 worth the extra price over the bold 3? Am going to get one of the two, just wanted to know if the ptice difference is justified between the two.

wingmysoul. I guess you meant Bold 2 ?

Bold 2 Vs Bold 3

256MB RAM vs 512MB RAM

3.2 MP CAM vs 5 MP CAM

OS 5 VS OS 6

OS6 on 9700 will feel laggy. but if you use hybrid OS on 9700. Lag would be minimal.

and 512 MB Ram makes hell lot of difference in booting time and regular day to day tasks on phone.

Bold 3 has more RAM.

Battery life SEEMS to be improved on 9780 vs 9700 (BB5/BB6 - either on BES).

Speed is MUCH better than 9700+BB6; which is a waist if you have to pick & choose which apps stay/go due to minimal memory. I'm betting its more than just RAM/Memory being doubled here - I think the CPU has been revised.

9780 has 802.11N not just b/g.

Screen on 9780 vs 9700+BB6 is slightly better on contrast.

Camera also takes better pictures. 9700 has 72 MB free whereas 9780 has 284 MB free - both with the same apps loaded. So I guess that explains why OS6 is more smoother on Bold 3 than Bold 2

Thanks cisco_tech and aradhakr, so it does make sense spending that little extra and getting the 9780. Looks like its time to say bye bye to my Torch!

aradhakr84 said:
Bold 3 has more RAM.
Battery life SEEMS to be improved on 9780 vs 9700 (BB5/BB6 - either on BES).
Speed is MUCH better than 9700+BB6; which is a waist if you have to pick & choose which apps stay/go due to minimal memory. I'm betting its more than just RAM/Memory being doubled here - I think the CPU has been revised.
9780 has 802.11N not just b/g.
Screen on 9780 vs 9700+BB6 is slightly better on contrast.

Camera also takes better pictures. 9700 has 72 MB free whereas 9780 has 284 MB free - both with the same apps loaded. So I guess that explains why OS6 is more smoother on Bold 3 than Bold 2
Bro. CPU is same on both model. And 9780 doesnt have 802.11n.

Slightly different finish on sides (9780 has a darker chrome look)
OS 6 comes Standard on 9780
9780 has 512MB onboard as opposed to 9700's 256, mostly to cope with the increased requirements of OS6
9780 has a 5MP camera, 9700 has a 3.2MP camera
9780 supports HSPDA 7.2mbits, 9700 only supports 3.6mbits
9700 is 0.1mm thicker. This is trivial at best.
9780 supports HSUPA 2.0mbits, 9700 does not support HSUPA
Battery life on the 9780 is improved slightly, although the battery is the same (1500mAh)
9780 has lower SAR values than the 9700.

Source : BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry News

@wingmysoul Its not brainer to sell torch and get 9780. coz same CPU,RAM and OS.
its a different scenario if you are fed up with slider. :p

Bro. CPU is same on both model. And 9780 doesnt have 802.11n.

True. My bad, the cpu seems to be same. Also at the time of release T-Mobile was stating it as model comes with Wifi n. Guess that was not true. But that is not a big deal anyways since it just sucks more power.

I'm currently thinking of getting a Torch 9810. Any deals for the same???

Its for 28500 on letsbuy after coupon.. Was thinking of getting the 6 month EMI option. Worth it??

Thanks

Is it worth it? Yes

Why?

1. The BlackBerry Torch 9810 is the BlackBerry Torch smartphone evolved

Our intention with the BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone was to build upon the success of the original BlackBerry Torch all-in-one design by combining powerful new hardware with the powerful new BlackBerry® 7 OS. The new BlackBerry Torch 9810 improves upon its predecessor, the BlackBerry Torch 9800, with a crisp new 3.2†inch touch screen with a VGA (600×480) resolution at 246 DPI (“dots per inchâ€), which is a great tip-off to the new hardware under the hood. The BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone also features a 1.2 GHz processer, a 5 MP camera with HD video recording, face detection and image stabilization, a digital compass and HSPA+ network support. Combined with the BlackBerry 7 OS, these new hardware features ensure that the BlackBerry 9810 smartphone is faster and more fluid than its predecessor.

We’ve also added subtle refinements to the traditional BlackBerry Torch casing, as well as its keypad. To top it off, we coated the BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone in a distinctive silver color that we feel reflects the power and performance of the device.

2. The BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone is a great blend of form and function

Unlike its new siblings, the all-touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 smartphones, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone features the original Torch’s popular full QWERTY keypad, touch screen, trackpad combination. With a touch screen larger than its new cousins, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry 9930 smartphones, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 is a flexible device for people who require both form and function from their smartphone.

Like the other new all-touch BlackBerry Torch smartphones, the big, brilliant touch screen of the BlackBerry Torch 9810 is well-suited for 3D games, watching videos and browsing the web. If you need to get some work done on the go, that screen is also handy for viewing Microsoft® PowerPoint® and Microsoft Word documents with the free bundled Premium version of Docs to Go™. Of course, if you need to start editing those documents, or you want to fire off a few emails or BBM™ your friends, you can easily switch to portrait mode and slide out the full QWERTY keypad. The BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone’s HD camera captures photos or video and makes it easy to share both with friends via Facebook, Twitter, and BBM 6 (or possibly through that BBM 6-connected app you’ve downloaded). Regardless of your needs, the BlackBerry 9810 smartphone offers the flexibility to get it done.

3. The new BlackBerry 7 powers the BlackBerry Torch 9810

Like the all-touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 smartphone is running the brand new BlackBerry 7 OS, and thus shares many of the same benefits. For starters this means a new and improved BlackBerry browser, optimized touch screen UI (“user interfaceâ€), BBM 6, hardware accelerated Liquid Graphics, and support for new apps like the Wikitude augmented reality browser on the BlackBerry App Worldâ„¢ storefront. Make sure to check out what my coworkers Sangita and Troy had to say about these BlackBerry 7 features in their BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 post, and stay tuned for a more in-depth overview from BlackBerry 7 Product Manager, Annu, in a future blog post.

For my money, my favorite BlackBerry 7 feature has to be the next generation BlackBerry browser. The BlackBerry browser is smooth and responsive, whether scrolling through web pages with your fingers or using the trackpad. Web pages load at tremendous speeds, and are naturally rendered as you’d expect to see them on your desktop browser, thanks to Liquid Graphics.

But as for the price, it depends on your budget. But for functionality it is worth it.

Back