Blackberry Playbook @ 13490

Could not find the PB in any of the stores.. So booked 16 GB version by paying an advance of Rs 500.. The sales guy said he's not sure of the delivery date as BB people themselves have not committed the delivery dates.. Hopefully should get it in a week's time or so..

Got a call from letsbuy.. They don't have any inventory n also dunno about the date of receiving...

Offerred galaxytab n I simply rejected.. Asked them to offer something else of similar config as PB.. If nothing happens then will be cancelling the same ( which I m 80 % sure gonna happen)

Hoping that my journey with PB doesn't end here.. Fingers crossed.. Worst case will buy 64 GB in US for 300$..

I m sure my journey with letsbuy ends here.. Adios letsbuy!!!!

sbhas2k said:
Congos dude... post your first observation... PB already have a case(provided by Blackberry in the original box) and hope this zipped case is a different one..

My waiting will never end i guess.. sob sob :(

Congos once again..

Thanks :)! Had the first hand observation last weekend, from my friend. He also has the same 16 GB model.

Pros:

- Display / Video sweet

- OS 1.x.x (Half baked as not enough native supports are provided, but excellent one for multitasking)

- No lags whatsoever (used Galaxy Tab 7", and it lags some time; at per with iPad)

- Good SQ / speakers for a tablet (haven't used the headphone though)

- Web-browsing / Youtube buttery smooth (requires pinch zoom to click on hyperlinks though)

- Build quality, premium

- Checked the rear 5 MP cam, and it's ok

- Have tried couple of games along with NFS, again, the experience is super

Cons:

- Lack of apps (the KO punch)

- Crashed once within 4 hours (got powered off and rebooted automatically)

- Wifi only

Yes, the extra case (Rs. 1499/-) looks 90% the same, only differences are it has zipper and extra padding inside.

sbhas2k said:
CGot a call from letsbuy.. They don't have any inventory n also dunno about the date of receiving...

Offerred galaxytab n I simply rejected.. Asked them to offer something else of similar config as PB.. If nothing happens then will be cancelling the same ( which I m 80 % sure gonna happen)

Hoping that my journey with PB doesn't end here.. Fingers crossed.. Worst case will buy 64 GB in US for 300$..

Letsbuy packing was very good though. Wait for a couple of days, there should be few available in the market section. (+ IMO, 32 GB has the right amount of space)
mpaspc said:
can you upload the photos of the zipped case you received ?

Yep, at office now :p will do so once I go home

Here's the in-house review: http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/review-blackberry-playbook-16gb-205785.html

got mine just now...but didn't get any extra case ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

xm0o5z.jpg

sbhas2k said:
Got a call from letsbuy.. They don't have any inventory n also dunno about the date of receiving...

if u ordered 16gb playbook and they are giving 3g galaxy tab for same price then its good deal i feel .

Letsbuy don't have any stock and they giving me the freedom to select any other product and pay extra
<
(No discount also.. bummer)

Finally cancelled my order as i am left with no options or wait for a month or two till they get some stock...

Now trying to source from Canada.. 64G for 350$... is it worth?

skipped the PB (coz of no possibilty of an android port in near future) and got a brand new Touchpad for a lesser price.

How much u got touchpad for.. From US or India?

^^ Congos on your purchase buddy. WebOS is awesome OS and combined with Android no words to describe it.. I am sure it would be a amazing tablet.... Congos once again
<

Thanks
<
! Had the first hand observation last weekend, from my friend. He also has the same 16 GB model.

Pros:

- Display / Video sweet

- OS 1.x.x (Half baked as not enough native supports are provided, but excellent one for multitasking)

- No lags whatsoever (used Galaxy Tab 7", and it lags some time; at per with iPad)

- Good SQ / speakers for a tablet (haven't used the headphone though)

- Web-browsing / Youtube buttery smooth (requires pinch zoom to click on hyperlinks though)

- Build quality, premium

- Checked the rear 5 MP cam, and it's ok

- Have tried couple of games along with NFS, again, the experience is super

Cons:

- Lack of apps (the KO punch)

- Crashed once within 4 hours (got powered off and rebooted automatically)

- Wifi only

Yes, the extra case (Rs. 1499/-) looks 90% the same, only differences are it has zipper and extra padding inside.

Letsbuy packing was very good though. Wait for a couple of days, there should be few available in the market section. (+ IMO, 32 GB has the right amount of space)

congrats on purchase
<

Yep, at office now
<
will do so once I go home

Here's the in-house review: http://www.techencla...6gb-205785.html

I placed an order on Letsbuy.com. They called and gave only 2 options - either cancel or accept Samsung Galaxy Tab P1010. I cancelled it.

I bought Motorola Xoom from eBay.
<

@Universal, mine crashed too within first 4 hrs of usage. I was doing simple tasks, not even multi-tasking.

Did not Power up on its own, tried the Power button, swipes but nothing worked. It was a pucca BSOD.

Searched for a solution, came to know its a common problem with PB's. Luckily found a solution too!

Back