Budget 10-15K Blackberry Replacement

bookoon

Disciple
Hi Folks

My organisation have recently moved from Microsoft exchange to Google Apps for email services. It is also considering moving out of BB services. Now my BB torch is quite old now and needs replacement badly. I am considering Android or Windows phone to replace this (unless BBQ10 or Q5 is launched real quick :) )

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 10 to 15 k (18K Max)

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Does not matter. but a small form factor is good since I already have a bulky (but great) LG Optimus Vu

3. Preferred display type?
A: Good display under sunlight

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen + Type QWERTY. (I am a bit BB fan-boy in this regard. It was of immense help when the touch screen conked off during my recent vacation; but thanks to the keyboard I was able to access my mails)

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: A 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andorid or Windows

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G., Wifi

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mails and internet. MS Office documents view and if possible edit.

10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim. Good Battery Life. This phone is going to be heavily used.

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nope...

Hi there.

I guess the reason why you haven't received any replies at all is because there isn't any phone (IMHO) to live up to your requirements. I mean they'll all have one feature that wouldn't live up to your requirements. FOA, there's no windows phone with QWERTY keypad. Secondly, there are hardly some 4-5 QWERTY android phones with touchscreens, but some of them don't have enough MP and juice (http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-gal...tracker=from-search&query=Samsung galaxy chat) and some have the MP, but don't have enough juice, or are rather discontinued (http://www.ebay.in/sch/Mobile-Phones-/15032/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=sony+ericsson+pro) So which means you need to give up on 1 or 2 requirements. If you're willing to do so, then may I suggest for the nth number of time "Nokia Lumia 720". Brilliant Camera. Awesome Mail sync. Amazing battery back-up. And well since it's a new phones, don't know how much abuse it can take. However, the gorilla corning 2 screen holds its own with keys and knuckle-buckle (;) ) in your pocket. Mine does. I'll let others help you since I think I might have not.

Thanks, Creative420..
I was also thinking on the same lines :)... I may have no choice but to go for a BB only with my over demanding features..
Good to know that you have recommended 720 since it is what I had in the back of my mind. I am not happy with the battery life of androids.

Can you please guide me on two things on 720
1. How is the battery life?
2. How good is the touch screen quality; especially with respect to typing long emails?

Thanks, again for writing in... (hopefully i will get more response on the next thread that i plan to start :( )

Battery life is awesome. It has got, IMO, a better touchscreen response then any other phone in the market (apart from its siblings ). Even I use my phone for calls, emails, sms, documents (free MS Office), camera and a bit of music. It lasts me upto 2 days before I charge again. However, charging is a bit on the slower side (4 hours) compared to my other phone HTC Explorer which charges to 100% in approx 75 mins.

I was stuck on the same lines, and decided to try an android before a q10. Suffice to say, it will be a q10. A touch phone simply cannot meet demanding work needs, just good for playing games and looking good. Will be borrowing a iPhone 5 soon to also verify.

Hi
Me back again... now folks in my organization has given me choice between 720 and 820...
Although 820 has better specs, as per my understanding, 720 has better battery life....
please help :arghh:.. I am sure this might have been discussed in this forum earlier.

Hi
Me back again... now folks in my organization has given me choice between 720 and 820...
Although 820 has better specs, as per my understanding, 720 has better battery life....
please help :arghh:.. I am sure this might have been discussed in this forum earlier.

Lumia 720 for you battery requirement over 820. Also 720 is lighter in weight than 820. AFAIK Lumia 820 costs 21K around, out of your budget of 18K.

Thanks.
Battery and slimmer profile is leading me to 720.
820 budget is not a problem anymore. ..office is paying ;)

Sent from my LG-P895 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

Thanks.
Battery and slimmer profile is leading me to 720.
820 budget is not a problem anymore. ..office is paying ;)

Sent from my LG-P895 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

Lumia 720 lasts almost double in 3G talktime test in GSMArena review than Lumia 820. Since budget is not an issue anymore I can recommend L820 with better specs but battery is on what you need to decide.

I am going for the battery, vyral_143. So it will be 720. I have other phones to play with, but I need this one for lonnng talktimes :D
Just came to know that Q10 has been launched for a 45K MRP... have these BB guys gone nuts!!

Lumia 720 is indeed a very good phone out there. For people like us, where office is not paying for cell phones, HS18 superdeals offers it for 15.8K. :D
45K for BB Q10 :facepalm:. Blackberry digging their own grave.

Back