BlackBerry Z30 Launched In India At Rs 39,990

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Blackberry isn't doing well these days but that doesn't stop it from launching its new flagship smartphone in India. The Blackberry Z30 which was announced last month has been launched in India at a price tag of Rs 39,990.

The BlackBerry Z30 runs Blackberry OS 10.2 and features a 5 inch HD ( 1280x720) S-AMOLED display. It is powered by by 1.7GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable via microSD slot.

The Z30 packs 8MP rear camera with Autofocus and LED flash and a 2MP front facing camera.

There are stereo speakers on the back with Blackberry Natural Sound technology and four microphones. It also features new BlackBerry hub with BB Priority Hub which displays notifications

The phone is powered by a 2880mAh battery which is said to provide 25 hours of usage.

The BlackBerry Z30 is priced at Rs 39,990 and will be available in markets from now. BlackBerry also dropped the price of its previous flagship smartphone Z10 recently, which can now be had for Rs 27500.

Attachments

• Blackberry-Z30.jpg
    Blackberry-Z30.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 117
They need to price it reasonably in order to attract new customers. Exorbitant pricing will only make the situation worse for BB.

@haresh - He he, of course not ! I was a big BB fan but come on, 40k will get me the best Android flagships with Snapdragon 800, full HD screens etc etc and BB was known for their QWERTY keypads which is not really available on Android or iOS.

So why would anyone in their right mind pay 40k for a phone with specs than even 20k phones will rival. BB doesn't have the same build quality and support that Apple provides so they cannot afford to charge Apple prices.

Their touch phones suck and they are loosing money by coming up with junk like this and expecting customers to remain loyal to the BB brand when their competition has gone way above them.

Last edited:
Their decisions are atleast 2-4 years behind competition. Had they released bbm on other platforms 2 years back, it would have been a different story altogether.

IMO they really need to rationalize the prices of their phones. They currently have plants in Canada, Hungary and Mexico where the costs to make phones are higher. They need to shift to China as currently the fault rates of their phones are high which makes the whole point of using quality labour moot.

BB phones don't need high end hardware to work so if they can come up with a 1 Ghz dual core processor phone, 1 GB RAM with a 2.8' 480x360 screen for something like 8k they can start getting in the revenues.

Currently their 8k phone uses a 240x320 res screen and single core processor which went out of style on mid range handsets 3 years ago.

Got Z30 2 days back. I had used z10 for a brief period of time. I do agree on display factor. Not the best display but I was looking for better battery life than Z10 and this one is damn good on it. with Latest 10.2.1 OS i can install the APKs directly from the device. No more sideloading.

IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0116.jpg IMG_0121.jpg

Got Z30 2 days back. I had used z10 for a brief period of time. I do agree on display factor. Not the best display but I was looking for better battery life than Z10 and this one is damn good on it. with Latest 10.2.1 OS i can install the APKs directly from the device. No more sideloading.

View attachment 30952 View attachment 30953 View attachment 30954

Cool. I was looking to get a cheap imported Z10 to replace my 9700. How much did you get it for?

And, just to confirm, the new BB10 OS devices also work with normal 2G/3G Internet plans right? No need to BIS?

smooth. no issue with it. have tried games too on Z10 worked fine. 4.2.2 JB Runtime is smooth and 10.2.1 OS has HW acceleration for Runtime.

Back