Blast in Delhi's Mehrauli area; 1 killed, 50 injured

2kewl

Disciple
Blast in Delhi's Mehrauli area; 1 killed, 50 injured

New Delhi: At least five people are feared killed and more than 50 injured as a bomb exploded in a crowded market in south Delhi.
The explosion, that comes a fortnight after serial blasts rocked the national Capital, took place in the Mehrauli market area on Saturday afternoon, a senior police official says.
According to police sources and eyewitness reports, two youth came on a motorbike and left a black bag that exploded minutes later.
Police have also confirmed the bomb was triggered from a device placed in a tiffin box. According to initial reports, the blast took place in an electronic shop in the Sarai area of Mehrauli.
At least 14 among the 50 injured have been rushed to trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. One child was reportedly declared dead on arrival.
Fire tenders and ambulances rushed to the spot and police have cordoned off 30-m area around the blast site.
Mehrauli is a commercial hub that houses a number of hardware shops.

damn, quite close to my place...

human rights for terrorists and what about those innocent civilians who die...?

just a personal opinion.. Public Execution :jason: :jason:..

p.s. jamia ppl need to cut their crap, they shd be very careful with what they say at such a time.. we surely dont need another communal situation here

Evidently the last encounter only touched the tip of the iceberg. More will certainly follow. The state has been reacting rather well lately, each incident has seen the perps getting targeted.

two youth came on a motorbike and left a black bag that exploded minutes later.

Heh, now its hit & run. Too risky to leave things unattended. Slowly the noose is tightening.

And the sad part is all people who die in blast will now become numbers in tomorrow's paper.this is what is happening here...nobody cares..and let alone police...
only those who lose their near and dear ones feel the pain...
i dont know what is happening to this world...when will we learn to feel others pain.
in delhi ..we dont know whether we gonna return home or not..and the sad part is we cant do anything ...just lay there and hope that nothing happens...lets pray that good sense prevails in every one ...seriously there is nothing else i can think of.may god bless the souls of our mothers,fathers,brothers and sisters who have become victims of these senseless people......

mr47 said:
just a personal opinion.. Public Execution :jason: :jason:..
+1000000000000.

Not only the culprits themselves, but their entire families (Please don't tell me you believe those mothers wailing on TV saying their sons are 'innocent'. God damn b**tards support them at every stage of their upbringing, training and planning.)

Putting out an entire family is the only way to set a precedent as to how families of future terrorists will be handled and its ONLY once their families stop supporting them in terror will this menace be curbed.

Anish said:
+1000000000000.

Not only the culprits themselves, but their entire families (Please don't tell me you believe those mothers wailing on TV saying their sons are 'innocent'. God damn b**tards support them at every stage of their upbringing, training and planning.)

Putting out an entire family is the only way to set a precedent as to how families of future terrorists will be handled and its ONLY once their families stop supporting them in terror will this menace be curbed.

Man :O Now thats attitude. Which fundamentalist outfit do you belong to? In case you dont belong to any, please give a serious thought about joining the one for your religion/state/watever. am sure they would be more than glad to have you :bleh:

no anish is right in a way... in azamgarh (place where most of these IM terrorist hail from ) the ppl. said that "india khoon ke aasoon roega" after all these blasts and arrests and encounters that took place...

these bastids n their families should be burnt at stake in front of public with full media coverage, equivalent to the coverage given to the blasts

^ and what would that acheive? You will just end up pushing more people at a faster rate toward extremism. After that your only option remains Genocide/Cleansing - are you ready for that?

Never underestimate moral high ground, it is more potent than a nuke.

That does not imply you sit idly by and let them bomb you, defend yourself, and indeed if necessary go on the offensive, BUT without resorting methods of their level.

Anish said:
+1000000000000.

Greenhorn said:
Ok, Joe jihadi hates you. he wants to blow you up.He even tried to sneak a bomb into your house

your response - kill the entire jihadi family, their neighbours and the family dog in pre emptive self defence.

Result: everybody in the neighbourhood hates you. some of them might even want to blow you up.
and so the cycle repeats. Whose fault is it then?

Terrorism is like a hydra. I really doubt it would help. The the logical conclusion of the killing families arguement would be to eliminate all possible induviduals who may belong/are allied to the demographic from which a terrorist is most likely to be made.

Who would be the first to be killed ? Muslims ? Minority communities? Lower caste converts ? Victims of religious injustice/opression? You Bet!

Who would be the first to be killed ? Muslims ? Minority communities? Lower caste converts ? Victims of religious injustice/opression? You Bet!

the guy was not really serious....stop this suckular melodrama please....

its the situation which makes us make statements like that ...usually we dont really mean it..and know it has no possibility of implementation..:cool:

OT:..i remember reading somewhere that same family chain thingy is in practice in North Korea.....canot guarantee it though..

atleast the ppl arrested should be given such treatment (public execution/torturous death, etc) that it should be remembered by everyone for centuries to do to do such an act again

I think the best option would be not to give excessive publicity to these sort of events at all. Terrorists use these events as a way of grabbing attention and creating fear. Take that away, and you remove one of their biggest incentives.

sidhu....Aussies dont run away from $$$$$$$.....the series will go on...

but will India win this one...no...Kumble will lose it..aussies r not like other teams which cant bat a day against indian spinners....Hayden,katich and clarke will come good...sorry for OT

Back