BLDC Ceiling Fans

atomberg are 3k to 3.5k and superfans are 5k as per their website.
Not exactly, Super prime costs 3.5k and X1 costs 4.3k.
So I would like to know which features are must have /usefull and which are meh

I would like to know the coverage of down light on orient aero slim is it bright ?
And are these orient fans cheap in open market ?
  1. App connectivity/voice assistant control is a boon.
    Chances are you are too lazy to pick up the remote or you misplaced it somewhere in the room.
    You always would have the phone handy, so you even use the app to control the phone or a voice assistant is even quicker and convenient.

2. Some BLDC fans offer fine-tuning option for fan speed, apart from the usual 1 to 4 or 5 fans speeds, they allow you to adjust the speed in fine intervals.
    Especially useful when you are using the fan with the AC on, where the conventional speeds are either too high or too low and you can fine tune according to your taste.

3. Downlight on Aeroslim is more like a dim ambient light to a night light sort of usage.
    And it's warm white.
Its stock rod that came with the fan. Amazon reviews are filled with similar complaints for this particular model. I installed it my self, so no question of loose fittings.
This issue is pretty common in conventional fans as well and almost every time the root cause is loose-fitting, either at the top of the down rod or the bottom of the down rod.
I had sorted out similar judder issues just by tightening the nut on the down rod, that is the reason I was confident about the fix.

If it appears snugly fit and still judders, then chances are it's not tight enough, you can still turn it a couple of threads to add that extra clamping force on the down rod.
Please give it a try, I'm pretty sure this works.

I went for the Atomberg fans to replace my 5-year + old ceiling fans that were not working properly. It remains to be seen how long they last basically.

My experience with Atomberg customer service was very good. I have high ceilings and the rods are needed to be longer, the company by default provides 1 foot rods only, so older rods were thicker of previous fans and the fans would keep making a ringing noise. After many diagnoses, several techs who came and checked figured it was indeed the rods that were making the ringing sound. so the company sent new ones at a nominal fee. All the while responding well to the calls, caring, proper diagnosing the problem. Hats off to them.

I bought Atomberg Renesa+ fans, the only thing I didn't like is that there is no easy fan regulator on the wall for these (some other models have). Everything is via remote or multiple switches on and off the fans to change regulation. Simple fan regulator is so much easier even when half asleep. If you register on their site, you get an extra warranty on the fans.

Last edited:
I bought Atomberg Renesa+ fans, the only thing I didn't like is that there is no easy fan regulator on the wall for these (some other models have). Everything is via remote or multiple switches on and off the fans to change regulation. Simple fan regulator is so much easier even when half asleep. If you register on their site, you get an extra warranty on the fans.
we use Atomberg Efficio, it does operates via normal conventional regulators if remote not used for sometime. **
if we turned off the fan via remote first ( red led glows in fan) and then turn off the main switch, next time we need the remote to start -- and remote overrides the wall regulator.
but lets say instead of switching off via remote, we turn off from the switch .. next time if we start the fan and don't use the remote for some time ( guess about a minute or two) -- we can control the speed via regulator. But once remote used. it will make wall regular redundant but overriding it.

edit: ** ( just did this test to ensure what i said it absolutely correct.) And i guess its wiring dependent , i can control 2 of fans via wall regular. but the third one never responds to the wall regulator -- might be the regulator is disconnected in this case.

Last edited:
Adding to this, if you are in specific cities, you may have an offer to switch to BLDC fans from your utility provider.
I used this to buy 3 Atomberg fans at nearly half the MRP 3 years back. My personal experience with Atomberg has been good - required 1 warranty visit and 1 paid replacement of remote after warranty.

Adding to this, if you are in specific cities, you may have an offer to switch to BLDC fans from your utility provider.
I used this to buy 3 Atomberg fans at nearly half the MRP 3 years back. My personal experience with Atomberg has been good - required 1 warranty visit and 1 paid replacement of remote after warranty.

lovely , but now i see smartek fans

Are there any bldc low watt consumption fans without smart features like remote control etc that will work with the standard fan speed regulators that I have with my current normal 80w fans? Or is it just not compatible at all?

Are there any bldc low watt consumption fans without smart features like remote control etc that will work with the standard fan speed regulators that I have with my current normal 80w fans? Or is it just not compatible at all?
Normal regulators are not compatible with BLDC & these smart features doesn't consume much power; necessary for the speed controls & other fancy features! is your requirement towards price point ?

Normal regulators are not compatible with BLDC & these smart features doesn't consume much power; necessary for the speed controls & other fancy features! is your requirement towards price point ?
Actually there is one specific model called Atomberg Renesa Alpha- its compatible with Regulators & doesn't have a remote bundled with it.

I recently switched five of my 4 month old conventional Crompton fans to Atomberg ones. Firstly i bought 2 x 1400 mm Atomberg efficio & 3 x 1200 mm Renesa ones. I faced issues in both Efficio ones & wasn't happy with the central motor body wobbling unevenly + jerking that came up in 24 hours of use. Atomberg technician unofficially told me that they have seen many problems in Efficios but Renesa is comparatively much reliable.

Now since Atomberg itself didnt agree to upgrade the fans & as they were wobbling i couldn't live with the mental insecurity around them falling.. I went ahead and bought new ones (Renesa 1400mm) & currently am in the process of fighting with Flipkart customer support for accepting a return for refund.

is your requirement towards price point ?

Was just casually thinking about electricity bill reduction if it will be worth the savings or not but don't want added nitpicks like dealing with remotes etc.

We have around 3 fans running nearly 24x7 but only for a couple of summer months a year here in Pune, rest of the time it's rarely used.

Will probably stick with my current ones which are like 20 years old probably and no issues yet.

Was just casually thinking about electricity bill reduction if it will be worth the savings or not but don't want added nitpicks like dealing with remotes etc.

We have around 3 fans running nearly 24x7 but only for a couple of summer months a year here in Pune, rest of the time it's rarely used.

Will probably stick with my current ones which are like 20 years old probably and no issues yet.
try replacing it with one bldc

I got the wooden finish Atomberg 1200 mm and was very impressed with it. At max speed the fan was really fast and loud but louder than the regular ones. The remote/led jazz is a nice touch too. The fan was less noisy than my old one and had more cfm lol.

I got the wooden finish Atomberg 1200 mm and was very impressed with it. At max speed the fan was really fast and loud but louder than the regular ones. The remote/led jazz is a nice touch too. The fan was less noisy than my old one and had more cfm lol.
the air noise or the motor noise ?

I went ahead and bought new ones (Renesa 1400mm) & currently am in the process of fighting with Flipkart customer support for accepting a return for refund.
am planning to go for Renesa 1400, seeing some mixed comments on wobbling on 1400 one's, pls share your experience !!

in amazon sale got hold of efficio 1400 it does have slight wobble but i think it is due to spares provided . if your existing downroad or fittings are good ,one could easily continue with it
And a general feedback would be the airflow is similar to our traditional fans (its just an initial feedback) .Cant comment about Renesa due to its wing design . i was not seeking additional fancy features .

One reason that might cause wobble could be the way the fan starts ,it starts with jerk and smoothens up .no heating up of motor and no motor sound .Expect wind noise

Last edited:
in amazon sale got hold of efficio 1400 it does have slight wobble but i think it is due to spares provided . if your existing downroad or fittings are good ,one could easily continue with it
And a general feedback would be the airflow is similar to our traditional fans (its just an initial feedback) .Cant comment about Renesa due to its wing design . i was not seeking additional fancy features .

One reason that might cause wobble could be the way the fan starts ,it starts with jerk and smoothens up .no heating up of motor and no motor sound .Expect wind noise
Yes i agree, i have 1200 renesa & it doesnt have any issue, i would say the rpm is little higher at max(boost) than traditional.

Back