Blu Ray drive to cost 100$ to PS3.

Get halo 3 out in May (time of ps3 launch) and drop the price of the x360 by say 50$ or so and Sony would be in real trouble. As it is the ps3 games retail price is going to be more. M$ certainly seems to have a bit of an advantage here......

u know wat this time sony is following microsofts foot steps..i mean think about it....

PS2 released was great at that time gfx wise (and it was slim)... then microsoft launched the xbox which is extremely powerful has gr8 gfx and a bit bulky and stuff..... now in next generation

xbx360 is releasing..less powerfull than the ps3..yet really hyped and slimmer :p... and the ps3 is there more powerful than xbox 360 but seems costlier...... history repeating it self.. but still i like sony and hope it kicks microsfts panzy asssss!!!!

Well another major factor against the ps3 atleast for me is that I'm not buying a DRM crippled bluray drive :p. It seems you need an internet connection for authentication to even read any content from a bluray drive :S. This includes games as well as movies. Also if the drive detects any attempt to flash it to nonstandard firmware, it'll disable itself. This is as crazy as it gets :mad:.

well, sony is very concerned abt piracy.... so, that is why the elaborate authenticartion process I guess.....

I do not disagree with them. They have invested millions in R&D. Why shoul;dnt they recover as much as possible as soon as possible?? Why should they lose revenue to piracy??

But yes, I feel that if the PS3 is not Blu-Ray compatible from the beginning, it is a very big blow for Sony.

Why do I get the feeling that this time Sony seem to be waaay overconfident??

satanofgamers said:
u know wat this time sony is following microsofts foot steps..i mean think about it....
PS2 released was great at that time gfx wise (and it was slim)... then microsoft launched the xbox which is extremely powerful has gr8 gfx and a bit bulky and stuff..... now in next generation
xbx360 is releasing..less powerfull than the ps3..yet really hyped and slimmer :p... and the ps3 is there more powerful than xbox 360 but seems costlier...... history repeating it self.. but still i like sony and hope it kicks microsfts panzy asssss!!!!
There is still no hard evidence that the PS3 is gonna be more powerful than the xbox 360. Hell they don't even have working silicon yet :p. All the E3 demos were running on a PC with an unnamed graphics accelerator (probably early versions of G70) or were prerendered stuff.

True.... there is no evidence except marketing speak that the PS3 is definitely going to be more powerful.....

And it has been hyped too much.

OT: Chaos... come online on MSN

AFAIK the XBOX gfx engine is more advanced then the Nvidia's bruteforce, in any case DRM crippling is totally a bad idea. Also in any case they do introduce the 50gb Blu ray, with the extra space they should provide multi platform games on a single disk...

Back