blueray to xvid/divx?

megavan

Disciple
Are there any simple tool to do the above without much loss in quality? Also, will the converted video work on standard dvd players supporting divx/xvid?

whats the use of converting blu ray to xvid ? Not to be sarcy, but if you have a blu ray player, I would advise you to use that.

COnversion to xvid or divx will lead to loss in quality. It also depends on the profiles used for encoding and the bitrate.

Using a better source like Blu ray, may definately result in better quality but dont expect details like Blu ray itself. You may look to alternate options like encoding using x264 ( or any other H264 variant ) and try using a different stand alone player liuke the WD HD media player that suppirts HD playback with mkv containers.

megavan said:
Are there any simple tool to do the above without much loss in quality?
There are no simple tools in my opinion and if quality is a main concern then u 'll have to spend time on megui to get to know it.

btw i don't get ur point of converting bluray to xvid/divx, yea p2p's are doing so but if u hav a BR disc then u also shud had a BR player or something
megavan said:
Also, will the converted video work on standard dvd players supporting divx/xvid?
1080p or 720p divx/xvid are playable on upscaling dvd players only not on the normals
Pls clear out your thoughts more.

Back