bluetooth adapter range very low

I have this tp-link bluetooth dongle . BLuetooth version 4.
It works okay, but even the smallest blockage causes the range to reduce to 50 cm.
Hell with a xbox controller the range is like 30 cms.

Any suggestions ?
Could be a driver issue? I tried updating driver, but its not happening. tp-link website says it doesn't need a driver for windows 8+ . I am 11

Any other recommendations ?

I have this tp-link bluetooth dongle . BLuetooth version 4.
It works okay, but even the smallest blockage causes the range to reduce to 50 cm.
Hell with a xbox controller the range is like 30 cms.

Any suggestions ?
Could be a driver issue? I tried updating driver, but its not happening. tp-link website says it doesn't need a driver for windows 8+ . I am 11

Any other recommendations ?
You could try positioning it so that it is facing you (not plugged in the backside USB port). If that doesn't work, you can buy a cheap USB2 extension cable and experiment with the position of dongle.

I put mine at a height of 6 - 7 inches (desi jugaad with ruler, USB extension cable and sello tape) from the cabinet and it helped tremendously with the range.

I put mine at a height of 6 - 7 inches (desi jugaad with ruler, USB extension cable and sello tape) from the cabinet and it helped tremendously with the range.
last week i bought an usb bluetooth transmitter & receiver for my old philips 2.1 speakers. i paired my mobile phone to speaker. the range was not good. if i come out of the room with mobile in my pocket the volume automatically reduces and all of a sudden it increases. weird. after reading your comment i tried this method. already i've an usb extension cable. connected, it's working. now, the sound seems stable.

Any ideas on jugaad permanent setup?
Some ideas:
1. take a empty toilet paper roll. The remaining cardboard part. Make a hole in the side. Put wire through hole and then through top. This can raise the height by 4-5 inch
The above works with any round cardboard/platic thing - plastic bottle
2. I wanted to do something more interesting. I got a very thick stiff wire. folded to make a stand . Make another loop at the other end , so the wire does not slip. Then put some magents to keep it stable on the cpu.

Back