PC Peripherals Bluetooth Dongle/ Receiver

roygarg

Disciple
Is there any bluetooth device that can function both as a bluetooth dongle (to pair devices with my pc) as well as a bluetooth receiver (to play music wirelessly on my non-bluetooth speakers)?

Links would be great.

Thanks.

Is there any bluetooth device that can function both as a bluetooth dongle (to pair devices with my pc) as well as a bluetooth receiver (to play music wirelessly on my non-bluetooth speakers)?

Links would be great.

Thanks.
Not sure if something like that exists. A dongle can take care of streaming audio and connecting other peripherals, but the same won't receive audio unless you are using the same protocol as a bt headset and use the mic channel to send the audio to pc. This would typically be a mono low bandwidth stream.

E.g. if you connect a bt headset to your pc via a dongle, you can still listen to the sound of its microphone via the pc speaker if you configure your mixer correctly.

Not sure if something like that exists. A dongle can take care of streaming audio and connecting other peripherals, but the same won't receive audio unless you are using the same protocol as a bt headset and use the mic channel to send the audio to pc. This would typically be a mono low bandwidth stream.

E.g. if you connect a bt headset to your pc via a dongle, you can still listen to the sound of its microphone via the pc speaker if you configure your mixer correctly.
Thanks. Will probably have to get separate devices then.

Back