Books for SCJP

aadish

Disciple
Hey guy, i am planning to give SCJP examination...Can anyone give me information regarding the books(e or physical) i may find useful for the same?? I hv done my core java and now on J2EE. Also any useful suggestions, hints, tips...

SCJP book by Kathy Sierra and Bates is the best one. Simple and comprehensive. Read their Head first java too, if possible. Simple and fun. Another one by Khalid Mughal is very comprehensive.
Generally Core Java volume 1 and 2 followed by The java programming language by Ken Arnold and James Gosling(creator of java, of course) are the best books to learn java from.
Avoid JCR by Herb Schildt or similar books, it's inaccurate at best. Improving with each edition but still long way to go. Unfortunately it's a simple read.

Books by Kathy Sierra and Khalid Mugal are good for SCJP...both are available on internet as e-books...just google a little bit...if you are not able to find...drop me a PM :)

Konquerror said:
Books by Kathy Sierra and Khalid Mugal are good for SCJP...both are available on internet as e-books...just google a little bit...if you are not able to find...drop me a PM :)
+1 and some scjp dumps(testkings vce suite) will do the magic..:hap2:

Back