Audio Bookshelf Speakers

Best judge - your ears:) Consider Audioengine A2, considered one of the best speakers under 10K. Never heard anything else

Think you have listed a passive speakers. .in that case a indian amp should set you back 6-8k(not sure whether its available for that low)
if the budget is excluding amp, recommented speakers are always above 10k. The only one below 10k i know of are the cambridge audio s30. You can still think of buying second hand. Saw sangram is selling his psb alpha at 6.5k in te. Though not sure whether its still available. Another forum had new mordaunt short 902i at 10.5k. Plus will be the cost of cable(~500 to 700 on the cheaper side) and stand(around 5k min, but can in for diy or local custom make).
so moneywise its a bad option. Else go for audioengine as suggested

Guys just need some decent sound quality, just for the sake if it otherwise i have my m-audio bx05 monitors :p for everything, was basically asking id smone of u have used yamaha or sony bookshelves, ill gve audioengine a try tho

Lots of options in passive speakers, apart from what I'm selling.

Wharfedale 9 series

Polk Monitor 30 (I think)

Mordaunt-Short has an entry-level monitor at 9K

PSB LCR1 (11K) or LR1 (9k)

Both the S30 and the PSBs will need active subs, the Wharfies are very brittle at the top end. The Polk is a good option, but runs out of steam quickly.

The AE2s will disappoint. I would not recommend them at all, the bass is boomy and there are some problems on the build - somebody here replaced three of them in as many months.

@RA: ygpm

@ThirdOne: Heard them. Did not like them. Scratch that. Hated them. Boomy bass spoilt everything good the speaker had in the midrange, and at moderate levels speaker started to distort.

So all of you are saying you hate the AE2 ????

I was kinda got the impression that they were very good from those that have them here.

Back