Boom Shiva Part IV

^^ Congrats on the new car, I have actually seen your car parked in your apartment today (with blue ribbon in front), I thought of asking you about the purchase, then I found this thred.

^^ Thanks guys...

so coming back to my qstn:

Guys, just wondering out aloud...

Even though this system would never be played @ over 25% volume, would it still be a good idea to put in an amp... (after all clipping shouldn't happen at low volumes?)

if yes.. how do I go about it

zhopudey said:
Hey chaos :D
Sorry to butt in, but I believe your basic point is that home audio is better than car audio. While I am inclined to believe that, I completely fail to understand what it has to do with this thread. Or any other thread about ICE posted here.
Do you intend to bring up the same point anytime LBM posts here? Can't you grind your bone with him thru PM? Or better still, go post on team-bhp where all this tech talk will make sense. Or else, invite LBM to join hifi-forum.de and continue your discussion there.

Chillax :p

Ya chaos we can discuss this topic on the T-BHP as it would a nice discussion there as there are many Car Audiophiles there to clear your doubts about car audio which you have.....

Indian Cars Forum - Car Indian - Team-BHP

superczar said:
Guys, just wondering out aloud...

Even though this system would never be played @ over 25% volume, would it still be a good idea to put in an amp... (after all clipping shouldn't happen at low volumes?)

if yes.. how do I go about it

I would any day preffer an amp there as it will quite powerful when compared to the car HU...and will play cleaner when compared to the HU any day.....

Chaos said:
Hey man I was not the one who dragged us into this... remember how it started? LBM was boasting about his tweeters being supplied by an 80W amp. All I said was that is lame and look where it dragged on to. I had no intention of dragging further either.

I dont think it is lame her.....It is my tweeter and my amp I can drive it with any power which I can...and this is the Show-off section of the forum and what I am doing is called show-off....:tongue:

Chaos said:
Agreed that quoting klipsch horns was a mistake on my part. But then again he's not driving a B&W Nautilus with those amps :p. Car audio speakers have high sensitivity... typically 90dB+. Infact the notoriously inefficient dynaudio makes car speakers that have 90dB sensitivity.... here take a look
Car Audio by Dynaudio: 2-Way Systems

Is 80W really required for a 90dB+ sensitivity tweeter?

the dyna audio requires a lots of power to wake up.....so I would any day recommend them with at least real 200 watt rms amp to drive them......

zhopudey said:
"really required"? Dude, how can you even ask such a question when it comes to audio equipment :rofl:

Exactly........but newbies in audio do.......:D

LBM and Chaos, while i really liked the technical stuff you threw at each other, please refrain from beahaving like kids.....act in a civil manner while making a point......
there's no point calling the other as 'doesn't know anything' or a 'noob'.....
We are here to learn from each other.....and not fighting it out and making a shame of ourselves......
While it is one thing to command respect for your knowledge, its a blasphemy to be arrogant and prudish for the same..... Period.

rPOk said:
LBM and Chaos, while i really liked the technical stuff you threw at each other, please refrain from beahaving like kids.....act in a civil manner while making a point......
there's no point calling the other as 'doesn't know anything' or a 'noob'.....
We are here to learn from each other.....and not fighting it out and making a shame of ourselves......
While it is one thing to command respect for your knowledge, its a blasphemy to be arrogant and prudish for the same..... Period.

I apologize sir.......:( ....for any bad comments on my part.........:)

Back