Boom Shiva!

superczar

Skilled
let's let the music roll :)

Phase Technologies Velocity V-12

Vapor deposited Titanium Woofer + Midrange and 2X 1" SOft dome tweeters

The Amp: Yamaha RX V457 85W/125W X 6 ....the remaining 4 channel being unused ....(Selection not yet Final..haven't paid for it as yet..suggestions please)

I've heard from ppls these woofers since titanium based have a metallic type of soun how true is tht..?
how are the kevler cones with rubber sheathed compared to these titanium ones?
btw congratz./

LOL move it farther away from the wall or else it'll sound boomy. Also keep the orientation the same for proper soundstaging. Great.... Looks cool :D.

Edit: Why a home theater receiver when you only have floorstanders :S. Get a NAD C320/Marantz PM7200/Rotel RA-02/Denon PMA695(not sure of model no) integrated amp.

Why a home theater receiver when you only have floorstanders

I know, the fella had only HT recvrs, and he backtracked on the original quote for this Speaker as well as the Marantz PM17SA saying he made a mistake

The Marantz PM17SA was the only Stereo recvr he had with him today, and the total was pushing my budget way above what I had earmarked

The speakers eventually set me back by 43K...

And he wanted 36K for the PM17SA so the Marantz was shot :(

The Amp (current one) is 17K ....let me see if I can find something else in the same price range...I did try the Denon 1705 though (perhaps 1705, don't rem the exact model) but the sound was alittle muddy and boomy for some weird reason

SO I guess the hunt continues tomorrow...

come to think of it.............i never thought this section would take off :|

Now it seems that peeps are buying stuff just to fill up this section :lol: Ok kidding...........

Congrats sczar on your acquisition ;)

Although i dont understand much about it,but still that stuff does look droolmaal.The price just confirms it..

Congrats man....Enjoy it now..

Now it seems that peeps are buying stuff just to fill up this section

LOL...

anyway, had been planning to setup a hi-fi system for long time now (Several years actually)

A well timed bonus this year just made it happen :)

And come to think of it, the latest and greatest proccys/gfx cards/lappys will get obsolete in 1 yr max while this purchase (At least the speakers) will be gold for at least 15 years ;)

That's awesome stuff but yeah do tell us about the "Metallic Sound" :p

@ Chaos - That Amp is pretty fine, set in 2 Ch mode, it'll work well enough.

Dudes at Pro FX use HT receivers in 2Ch mode only lol

Anish said:

@ Chaos - That Amp is pretty fine, set in 2 Ch mode, it'll work well enough.

Dudes at Pro FX use HT receivers in 2Ch mode only lol

LOL probably thats the reason why the KEFs and Polks sound so bad :p.

^^ Lol, that + they probably are that bad too :p

But waise, it doesn't matter that much cause the modern Amps are supposed to switch their circuitry into an Integrated system in 2 chnnel mode.

Nothing to beat a standalone int. amp though.

OT : is the 320BEE enough to power the 855's ?

nopes....of corse it doesn't sound metallic...though on a side note, these spkrs are being not driven enough by the 75 W (??) on the yamaha...

so am trying out the marantz PM17 and PM7200 again today though

on a side note, how good is the M-audio revolution snd card?

Anish said:
^^ Lol, that + they probably are that bad too :p

But waise, it doesn't matter that much cause the modern Amps are supposed to switch their circuitry into an Integrated system in 2 chnnel mode.

Nothing to beat a standalone int. amp though.

OT : is the 320BEE enough to power the 855's ?

The discrete circuitry exists only in the high end receivers costing 1000-1200$ plus. The bargain basement ones are pathetic. C320 BEE can easily drive martin logan electrostats so the 855 is a small fly :p. It has incredible power reserves for such a little amp ;).

superczar said:
nopes....of corse it doesn't sound metallic...though on a side note, these spkrs are being not driven enough by the 75 W (??) on the yamaha...

so am trying out the marantz PM17 and PM7200 again today though

on a side note, how good is the M-audio revolution snd card?
Yeah, was gonna point that out.

The minus of the HT amp is that it wont give enough power to 2 discreet channels.

For the sound card, ditch the M Audio, and get the EMU 0404.

Its selling for something like $70 I believe ;)

The EMU0404 is a PCI card , so I finally got the M-Audio Audiophile USB

The difference between the PCs onboard and the Audiphile is (pardon me for the cliche) akin to the difference between night & day...

Between the Mac's onboard and the audiophile, the audiophile is a little, but noticeably brighter and brings more of a presence to the sound :)

Back