Booo's Spider. prolly the first here.

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Skilled
Assmbled my spider yesterday as soon as I recieved the mobo and gfx card from kmd. took some time though.

Specs:
AMD Phenom 9500
MSI K9A2 Platinum (790FX)
ATI Radeon 3870X2 (Sapphire)
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC6400 1GBX2
Corsair HX620
LiteOn 20X SATA DVD Writer (Moserbaer)
Segate 250GB
WD 500GB External MyBook Essential
Creative Inspire T6060 5.1
ViewSonic VG1930wm
Zebronics Peace
TVSE Mechanical Keyboard and MS Wireless Mouse
Buffalo Air Navigator USB WLAN
M$ Vista Ultimate

First Impressions:
3870X2 is a massive card :O I dont have any space left to fit another hdd.
Zebronics Peace is a crappy cabby. none of the holes are matching. had problems while fitting PSU, mobo, dvd writer. The biggest problem is fitting the Radeon. Its such a massive card and the holes were not maching for fitting the screws, I had to tie the card with the wire that comes for packing wires. If I want to upgrade anything in the system, I may have to upgrade the cabby too.
Just finished installing most of the drivers. I could play Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, Oblivion, NFS MW at full settings. Bioshock is not working in vista, dunno what the problem is. need to buy crysis. getting Halflife 2:Lost Coast and Deathmatch free from steam, so downloading them. :D

image165zn4.jpg

image169mt4.jpg

imag0159ea5.jpg

PS: Please no comments on cable management :no:

Nice! :D

Its eventually going to be asked a 100 times, so let me start off - Why the Phenom and not a C2D? ;)

Do you have the TLB patch enabled in your BIOS?

And yep, a good cabinet is quite an important factor these days.. atleast something a notch better than entry level, as I find the finishing touches like the alignment of holes/slots are all poorly done on entry level cabinets.

Lol, Was wndering wat on earth is tat... Esp 'prolly the first here' statement..

Yup, ur Phenom must be the first here cos I dont think a wise man wud opt fer the core unless u're a HC AMD fanboi.. ;)

Anyways.. Congrats fer the following.. :p

Corsair HX620

TVSE Mechanical Keyboard

Wats d price fer the MyBook btw??

Nice innovative build there, great to see something other than those E8400's and Q6600's :eek:hyeah:

Sapphire 3870x2 <---wow ! Lets see the mem overclock this gives ;)

If he's just running at home, I'd suggest leaving the TLB patch disabled. You only need to enable it if you actually run into it, and apparently few people do.

Nice purchases,, Congrats.

Whats the problem if he got a Phenom over C2D, it is his money :p and there's always a title for the only Phenom user on TE.

Congrats! Can you post prices and where you got the CPU? Now I am also thinking of getting a Phenom (B3) + 3870X2 setup :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
Nice! :D
Its eventually going to be asked a 100 times, so let me start off - Why the Phenom and not a C2D? ;)
Do you have the TLB patch enabled in your BIOS?

And yep, a good cabinet is quite an important factor these days.. atleast something a notch better than entry level, as I find the finishing touches like the alignment of holes/slots are all poorly done on entry level cabinets.
The first things that I selected in this rig were 3870X2 and 790FX. well, I cant select anything other than phenom.
Plz dont tell me that I should've gone for a dual core... please.

Maybe early next year, I might buy a new proccy.

gannu said:

Corsair HX620

TVSE Mechanical Keyboard

Wats d price fer the MyBook btw??

I bought the WD few months ago to use it with my compaq. then it was 6k.
TVSE is 5 years old. I am thinking of buying a new logitech set this month or next.

I am not doing anything with the TLB patch yet. All that happens is a system crash which I can live with. (I dont even have a proper UPS. :S )

\/endett/\ said:
Nice innovative build there, great to see something other than those E8400's and Q6600's :eek:hyeah:
Sapphire 3870x2 <---wow ! Lets see the mem overclock this gives ;)
I am pretty noob with overclocking. I would give myself few months before doing anything related to overclocking. :|

vishalrao said:
Congrats! Can you post prices and where you got the CPU? Now I am also thinking of getting a Phenom (B3) + 3870X2 setup :)
Phenom in hyd is --- 9500 @ 8,900/-
3870X2 from kmd (newegg) --- 22k + shipping.
MSI K9A2 Platinum from kmd(newegg) --- 10.5K + shipping. (contact phoenix for this)

The dumbest decision in this entire rig was buying zebby cabby.

Great stuff.... I won't get into Phenom vs C2Q debate, afterall to each his own. :)

I loved that you got 3870X2. I was drooling on it for sometime now, but ultimately decided to drop it as 1) I'm not hardcore gamer, and at 1680x1050 it wouldn't made much difference to titles that I usually play 2) I got better deal on something else... ;).. you all will know soon. :D

And I would agree with Amaresh... Kill that damn keyboard. :p

Amaresh said:
Nice rig, although i'd advise you to get rid of that fugly keyboard of yours :p
New keyboard and mouse are in the plan. can anyone suggest me a decent pair? not toooo costly. around 1.5K

iGo said:
I loved that you got 3870X2. I was drooling on it for sometime now, but ultimately decided to drop it as 1) I'm not hardcore gamer, and at 1680x1050 it wouldn't made much difference to titles that I usually play 2) I got better deal on something else... .. you all will know soon.

And I would agree with Amaresh... Kill that damn keyboard. :p
I got my only credit card the day before yesterday and it has a limit of 1.5 lakhs.:devil2: but I would wait for 2-4 months before buying a 24" monitor.:angel:
Checksum said:
Aren't the B3 revisions available here? Would have made sense to go for that (9550)
I was denied access to computer games and movies for more than a month since my brother took away my laptop the moment he gave me 35k. so, I didnt think too much and didnt want to wait for some more time before I would setup the rig. so I went ahead and bought 9500.

Back