Booo's Spider. prolly the first here.

booo said:
New keyboard and mouse are in the plan. can anyone suggest me a decent pair? not toooo costly. around 1.5K

get any keyboard you feel comfortavle with & get a Logitech MX518 mouse :)

by the way why don't you have the TLB patch enabled if it's just a bios option :S

AMD insisted it would not happen during normal desktop usage.

Anandtech -
AMD gave us two confirmed situations where the TLB erratum would rear its ugly head in real world usage:

1) Windows Vista 64-bit running SPEC CPU 2006
2) Xen Hypervisor running Windows XP and an unknown configuration of applications

AMD insisted that the TLB erratum was a highly random event that would not occur during normal desktop usage and we've never encountered it during our testing of Phenom.

Udit said:
by the way why don't you have the TLB patch enabled if it's just a bios option :S

3dmark06 score 7649 nothing overclocked :ashamed:

does everyone get free 3dmark cd or its just me :huh:

btw, is it a decent score???

i thought the 3870 X2 gives 11k in 3dmark 06

9600 gt gives 9-10k
8800 gt gives 10-11k (stock)

3870 X2 gives more than 11k i suppose....correct me if i am wrong

booo said:

OMG.. :O

Tats too low fer tat 3870X2..

A C2D E8400 OC + 3870X2 OC crosses the 19k mark in 3dM'06 easily..

Dunno abt the Phenom tho..

Update ur drivers...

Yeh.... I would suggest that too, download latest drivers from AMD/ATi website for your X2 card. That sucker got more punch in it than the current score.

Got nothing to do with the graphics card. It's the CPU that's bogging the score down. 3DM06 is a balanced benchmark, using the CPU as well as the GPU for scoring. Try overclocking the CPU, you'll get some speed boost.

The Phenoms are dogs at 3DM06. If you want to bench the GPU, try 3DM05. It's a more GPU-biased benchmark and give you a fair idea of how good the 3870X2 is. I've only ever built one Intel system in the 8 systems I have owned, that's how much an AMD fanboy I am. K6-2, K6-3, Duron, Athlon, A64, 64X2 - I've had at least one build with every single one. But this generation of Phenoms is worth missing, far as I'm concerned.

Not trying to rain on your parade, btw. It's great that you got what you wanted, but to extract anything competitive or show-off worthy out of it you're going to have to push the entire platform very hard indeed. Unless you manage 470-480 'FSB' you're not going to be able to utilise your purchase fully. Meaning a new cooling system and therefore a cabinet as well.

booo said:

you ran 3dmark at 1440*900 & 8xAA ? I thought 1280*__ & 0AA was the standard .

\/endett/\ said:
you ran 3dmark at 1440*900 & 8xAA ? I thought 1280*__ & 0AA was the standard .
This is the first time I am running 3d mark. :ashamed:

sangram said:
Got nothing to do with the graphics card. It's the CPU that's bogging the score down. 3DM06 is a balanced benchmark, using the CPU as well as the GPU for scoring. Try overclocking the CPU, you'll get some speed boost.

The Phenoms are dogs at 3DM06. If you want to bench the GPU, try 3DM05. It's a more GPU-biased benchmark and give you a fair idea of how good the 3870X2 is. I've only ever built one Intel system in the 8 systems I have owned, that's how much an AMD fanboy I am. K6-2, K6-3, Duron, Athlon, A64, 64X2 - I've had at least one build with every single one. But this generation of Phenoms is worth missing, far as I'm concerned.

Not trying to rain on your parade, btw. It's great that you got what you wanted, but to extract anything competitive or show-off worthy out of it you're going to have to push the entire platform very hard indeed. Unless you manage 470-480 'FSB' you're not going to be able to utilise your purchase fully. Meaning a new cooling system and therefore a cabinet as well.
I got 3dmark06 with the graphics card.

yep, this time I was on a tight budget. result was that crappy cabby and stock system.
*booo makes a note about the cooling system.

dont they say lower resolution makes the graphics "cpu limited"? although, im not sure about how 3dmark does it's tests, im talking about the anandtech-type card reviews. if you want to tax/test the X2 i believe you should run higher resolutions, like 1680x1050 or 1920x1200... but then you might need bigger monitor to enable that... maybe if you test a regular single 3870 or 8800GT you will get the same results at 1440x900 or 1280x1024 because the X2's power is not being fully utilised at these resolutions. edit: or you could get a new 22 inch (1680x1050) or 24 inch (1920x1200 full hd goodness) LCD :eek:hyeah:

Catalyst 7.11 are fastest for 3d Mark 06 XP, use this just for benching, then revert back to latest drivers and Vista. U will gain 1k score.

Also HD 3870 X2 has powerplay issue. The card is changing frequency like every 2 seconds midgame/3D Mark going from High 3D mode to Low 3D mode. Its really annoying. Reflash the card with modded bios. First be sure U feel lag.

time for some self pampering...

2qia9om.jpg

s1q2xj.jpg

2s81aax.jpg

What is not shown here is an internal tv tuner card. :D

see... I changed the keyboard too.

^^teh cheap l33t logitech spill proof standard keyboard....i really like it :D

and if you run 3dmark06 at standard settings, you should get 18-19k score considering you have a quad core proccy with that monster card :D

CONGO btw :)

Back