CPU/Mobo boot issue Win7 .. first was aswrvrt.sys and then CLASSPNP.SYS. need help

alive hunter

Disciple
My config:
ASUS MOBO: Asus M5A97 (2 yrs old)
CPU: FX6300 AMD
HDD: WD 1TB Blue (6 months old)
RAM : 2 x 1 Ripjaw Gskill 4 Gb DDR 3 (1 2 yrs old + 1 6 months old)
GPU: HD 5760 1GB DDR5 (3 yrs old)
Win 7 64bit

ISSUE:
10 days back I have updated AVAST free anitivirus to latest 2015 Program.
after a week of usage of my system, suddenly my system in between started running very .. even a simple right click will take 2 mins of time.
and then the system would hang while booting win7.
I tried booting in Safe mode.. but it would get stuck while loding file "aswrvrt.sys"
So a bit of internet search gave me a hint that Avast might be the culpurit.

tried booting in safe mode a number of times .. but the problem ..
Then i left the system undisturbed while booting for about 30 mins...
after 30 mins or so the system started in safe mode.. initially it was working slow .. but then it was working fine.
so i somehow uninstalled Avast and rebooted the system.

Now it would get stuck at "CLASSPNP.SYS".

looking at this .. i formatted my C: and reinstalled windows 7.. and only installed Lan Drivers so that I could connect to internet.

After this i restarted my system once and it worked the whole day (16 hrs) perfectly fine.
then in the eveining i restarted the system ...

and again the same issue .. it got stuck windows boot screen.. i tried in safe mode.. to get stuck at "CLASSPNP.SYS".

Initially i thought it could be HDD failure issue .. but now i am clueless..

request some suggestion

It happened with me as well some time back. System was stuck at loading clansspnp mostly. Crash was not consistent though; it may or may not happen.

And the common factors were Win 7 x64 and avast. I uninstall Avast(paid version); and installed MSE. No format though. It did crash after this sometimes but become rare. I think my HDD is going to go one day as it is already 7 years into service bt smart check shows nothing problematic.

If you have another HDD; that can help in ruling out if its a HDD fault or not.

Back